Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patience

User Info Menu

Re: Patience

Hi SLP,

Very nice photos indeed. I just wanted to point out to you and Jenn and Living in the 603 that the Canon Power Shot cameras that I think that you are using (or buying) is a great point and shoot digital camera. One thing to be careful of is overusing the Super Vivid mode exclusively when using your camera. The beauty of the Power Shot line of cameras is that it allows you to control aperture and shutter speed to help you get the desired effect that you are looking for. Unfortunately the vivid color does not work in the other modes.

Name:  vivid.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  86.4 KBName:  non vivid.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  85.1 KBName:  with vivid.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  91.6 KBName:  without.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  91.4 KB

The Canon Power Shot in Vivid Mode often times is not good photographing people but rather a scene in rich colors (blue, green and especially red) it is like having Photoshop at your disposal. Again my comments are not criticism but rather as some observations. May I suggest you check out the following book that helps understand the wide variety and features of your cameras. https://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSh...0804094&sr=1-1

Having said that thank you for your many beautiful photos and have fun with your camera!!

Walk Good,
    johng

User Info Menu

johng - I agree. I LOVE the vivid mode for landscapes - but it makes people look like oompa loompas (especially after a day in the sun in Negril!)

[/url]

User Info Menu

Jenn you are right it can make people look weird but for other scenes like landscapes or seascapes, flowers are awesome!!! Which model camera do you have??

Name:  Old Harbour Bay.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  99.3 KBName:  Flowers.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  102.3 KBName:  Universal Sunshine.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  46.6 KB