Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Dru's is brewin' for Friday!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Cool Dru's is brewin' for Friday!

Dru's is getting ready for the Boardie Bash on Friday! In addition to their regular fare, they will be having a tasty buffet available for us$12. There will also be dollar shots as well as their 2 for 1 fruity drinks. Don't forget their 6 bottle bucket specials, J$1000 for Red Stripe, $1300 for Red Stripe Light, $1300 for Guinness and $1500 for Heineken! Get ready for a great afternoon!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Dru's is brewin' for Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Dru's is getting ready for the Boardie Bash on Friday! In addition to their regular fare, they will be having a tasty buffet available for us$12. There will also be dollar shots as well as their 2 for 1 fruity drinks. Don't forget their 6 bottle bucket specials, J$1000 for Red Stripe, $1300 for Red Stripe Light, $1300 for Guinness and $1500 for Heineken! Get ready for a great afternoon!
    That has to be the cheapest beer on the beach. And $1 shots! I know where I'll make my first stop next trip.

User Info Menu

Have been to Dru's three times this past week. Not only do they have reasonably priced drinks, but the homemade patties are awesome! Packed full of meat and veggies.
    Also Dru and everyone else that was working there were so nice and friendly to us. It is a great place to hang out for the afternoon.

User Info Menu

The beer pricing difference between the red stripe and red stripe light sure has me flummoxed. Even though red stripe light is a smaller bottle and the price at the wholesaler is the same for red stripe, it is sold over the bar at a 25 to 50 per cent premium. Go figure.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    The beer pricing difference between the red stripe and red stripe light sure has me flummoxed. Even though red stripe light is a smaller bottle and the price at the wholesaler is the same for red stripe, it is sold over the bar at a 25 to 50 per cent premium. Go figure.
    Simple supply and demand. In Winnipeg/Canada...light beer is the most popular choice...in Jamaica it's Red Stripe.

The cost at the wholesaler is now the same for both beers...but that's still a fairly recent event.
    Maybe the pricing at the bars has not adjusted for the price equaliser...or it's still simply still seen as supply and demand at bars.

And, I think it sucks also that there's less in the bottle.
    But, Yaaaaayyy Dru's...for the best pricing around!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    Hey Stoners6,
    Is there a place on the beach that has it cheaper? If so, please do share. Sunnyside offers up a great value on the south end of the beach and Dru's offers up a great value further north, which is where I like to hang out. Stoked to check Dru's out, and with good eats to boot.

User Info Menu

Nowhere cheaper. Just reflecting on the pricing differential
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Not to appear a little stupid here but what is DRU??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    Not to appear a little stupid here but what is DRU??
    Info and pics in the link below...
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...-Dru-s-at-Wavz