Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carry Meds for me??

User Info Menu

Carry Meds for me??

Good Afternoon ~ anyone traveling to Negril anytime soon .... Can I ask you to carry a few bottles of medicine down to Negril for me? I would pick them up from you any place at your convenience. My son would mail them to you from Minneapolis, Mn. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Carry Meds for me??

It is against the law for anyone to transport medicine for another person.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Use FedEx, UPS. etc...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

My last Fed Ex package cost me $150.00 ~

Oh well ~ never mind I guess ...

Administrator

User Info Menu

There are cheaper alternatives, check with TARA and AirPak.

Also be sure to check with the pharmacies if they have equivalent drugs. Have your doc adjust the script to designate the local brand.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

you will surely get the alternative meds at the local pharmacies

User Info Menu

Of course I can. My issue is with my insurance I fill thru mail order, so 3 months supply at low cost. And when I asked before, they have been carried down to me with Travelers coming to Negril ~ so I just thought I would try & ask again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    It is against the law for anyone to transport medicine for another person.
    Coming from 15 years Pharmaceutical experience, here is my advice. Have your home physician contact a destination physician. What is "normal" medicatiom at home, may not be an approved/legal drug at your destination .... and asking your compatriot to bring that drug could put them at a serious risk. Your physician at home can discuss your individual case with a local physician and determine if the prescribed med is is approved (i.e legal) at destination. Or suggest an alternative locally approved med. PM me for more info. This is not a good idea! There are many things I WOULD bring, but Rx drugs are something I would have checked out!
    Last edited by M&G Montreal; 04-29-2017 at 11:16 PM.

User Info Menu

I get it. No big deal ... Meds for migraine ~ I'll just have my son send them to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Houghton View Post
    Of course I can. My issue is with my insurance I fill thru mail order, so 3 months supply at low cost. And when I asked before, they have been carried down to me with Travelers coming to Negril ~ so I just thought I would try & ask again.
    Perhaps if you would have not put "Carry Meds for me??" in the title and just asked if someone going down could do you a favor, then maybe you could have kept this off the board. We all have been asked at one time or another, "Do you have anything you are carrying with you for someone else?" and realize if we say "No" and a subsequent search turns up prescriptions in someone else's name, we would be in big trouble.

Just my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.