Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

User Info Menu

Trip Report 4/23-4/28

Day 1

Name:  IMG_0661.jpg
Views: 1910
Size:  91.5 KB

We were up, packed and ready for our 3 AM Uber ride. I am going to miss these guys. Negril, here we come
    Last edited by never2many; 05-06-2017 at 08:05 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

We flew from Nashville and connected in Orlando to Mobay. Time for a few bloody Mary's and coffee to keep us awake. When we landed in Mobay, the Pilot filled the cabin with some sweet Bob Marley tunes. Name:  IMG_0713.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  83.7 KB

User Info Menu

Last edited by never2many; 04-30-2017 at 12:35 PM.

User Info Menu

We had about a 45 minute wait in line to get through customs. I admit I was envious of those that used Club Mobay to get around the long line. The kiosks definitely helped expedite things. We were picked up by our driver with Luxurious and swept off to Negril. We tried to reserve a phone the day before but due to my last minute request, they didn't have any available. Neither of our I Phones worked the entire trip in JA to call US though we were able to text. I must be missing something on that front? We didn't stop anywhere for supplies (other than a few beers) because I didn't plan to doing much food prep this trip. My favorite part of the drive is Lucea. One day I would like to go do some exploring there, but we always feel like there's not enough time to get it all in. Our driver Dwight called Lucea home. He pointed out a sausage and molasses factory and a school that was founded in 1777 which he attended. For some reason, I love seeing all the clothes drying out on lines.
    Last edited by never2many; 06-06-2017 at 10:10 AM.

User Info Menu

The last time we were in Negril, we were walking past Nirvana and tried to get a photo of me on the hammock. Security swiftly asked us to leave the property. I was determined to stay there this trip so I could kick back on that hammock as much as I wanted with no worries mon. We opted for a Veranda suite on the beach. It did not disappoint. The day we arrived, there was only one other couple staying here and that was NH Jeff and his wife. We virtually had the entire property to ourselves. Nirvana is a great spot for ratio of beach versus occupants as I think they only have 8 units to rent on a really nice stretch of beach that is also set way back from the water. Here's a picture of our view from our room the first day. Name:  IMG_0761.jpg
Views: 1882
Size:  95.5 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 06-06-2017 at 10:11 AM.

User Info Menu

We were both starving and exhausted. We walked next door to White Sands hoping for some dinner but their kitchen was closed. The bartender introduced us to the cook next door at rainbow arch. We had dinner there, fried fish and fries and jerk chicken with rice and peas. Not the best food I've had in Negril but it did the trick for now. The cook there was very accommodating and kind. Name:  IMG_0748.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  97.4 KBName:  IMG_0749.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  97.5 KBName:  IMG_0758.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  93.2 KB

User Info Menu

Time for our first Sunset. You know where I was spending that.Name:  IMG_0830.jpg
Views: 1809
Size:  94.5 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_1125.jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  87.3 KB

User Info Menu

Very nice! Looking forward to reading more.

User Info Menu

Can't wait to read more! Staying there later this month and hoping your report gets me through...keep it coming! ��