Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charela Inn

User Info Menu

Charela Inn

Does anyone have any experience lodging at the Charela Inn?

User Info Menu

Re: Charela Inn

I just had breakfast there last week and it looks like a great place to stay! I plan on looking into it my next trip.

User Info Menu

i have eaten there twice. Great food. Wondering about the rooms.

User Info Menu

I've stayed there many times. It was the first place I stayed in Negril. I can't recommend Charela highly enough! Great staff and location. The food is top notch also.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

We have stayed a Charela a few times. The rooms are basic, clean, in room safe. Nice beach with lots of shade and the staff is wonderful also. We really like it and are going back next year.

User Info Menu

Glad to hear the good reviews. We are staying there for the first time in November
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I LOVE Charela!! If I am staying in Negril and it is a trip without a kitchen, I honestly wouldn't stay anywhere else.

User Info Menu

I agree with everything said above. I've been staying there since the late 90s whenever I go to Negril. It's my go to place on the beach. Also the best location. Excellent restaurant! And I like the staff very much.

User Info Menu

We have been staying there our last 4 trips. The large beach area with plenty of shade from palm trees is the main reason we love Charella. The rooms are more than adequate. Its not a 4 star hotel but I do not expect or need that in Negril

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by conway scott View Post
    We have been staying there our last 4 trips. The large beach area with plenty of shade from palm trees is the main reason we love Charella. The rooms are more than adequate. Its not a 4 star hotel but I do not expect or need that in Negril
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. The shady beach sounds great as my wife and I have very fair skin that burns easy. We've stayed at places where the beach shade is hard to come by.