Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach House Condos-Penthouse

User Info Menu

Cool Beach House Condos-Penthouse

Hi!
    First time stay on the beach. Usually stay on the cliffs. Rent scooters and visit the beach. Did things differently this year. Booked the Penthouse at Beach House Condos. Hope it was the right choice. Agonized over 3 locations. Chose it because what was important to me was being able to sit outside of our room and be right on the beach.

Has anyone recently stayed here? I would be interested in all opinions-good and bad. How is the water? I was doing some reading and someone had said the closer to where the river enters the water it can get yucky. Is there and empty lot/building next door? Any thoughts on what you wish you had brought...or brought and didn't need?

Thank in advance for any insight!

User Info Menu

Re: Beach House Condos-Penthouse

I have stayed there 3 times and absolutely love it. One of the more interesting aspects is how many people return there year after year. Assuming you visit the bar while you are there, you will soon make many new friends. The staff and the guests have become like a second family over the years. There is no issue with yucky water as it is not that close to the river. The building next door is abandoned and inhabited by squatters that keep their areas nice and clean. I have read some posts with people saying that it is unsafe but I was never given reason to believe that. Not to mention the fact that there is security 24/7. The penthouse is spectacular, there is nothing like waking up each morning (or noon or night) and walking into the living area to a breathtaking view. The beach area is clean and the chairs are comfortable and the bar is steps away. The food is pretty good too but the beauty of being on the beach is that you have tons of options for food and drink within walking distance. The kitchen also comes in handy if you feel like making a meal or two at home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Beautiful property...i day dream about owning 1 of the units. I stay next door at beach club and river water will be a problem if it rains heavy. we are the 1st properties to get it. you have to get up early to take advantage of the clear water. we were lucky this year in the fact that there was hardly any rain in march (not good for the land), more rain in may and i've only experienced river water 4x in the 2 1/2 months i've been here and that was this month. in years past it was almost an everyday occurance. but with your tremendous view you'll get over it. just remember heavy rains...get up early to swim the next day!

User Info Menu

It great to make new friends, decent food and no yucky water.

User Info Menu

Thank you all for your responses! We are very excited to try our new spot! Always a bit nervous when booking something new...when you go with what you know there is a security to it. If the Honeymoon suite had been available at Kuyaba we would have grabbed it-we know it. This was more $$ than the superior room there. Fingers crossed tight it was the right choice! Spoiled after having stayed cliff side. Once you wake up with the water right there to see its hard to go back. I think waking up and ending the day on the balcony...... will be worth the extra we spent..

User Info Menu

I surely agree...i really believe you will enjoy...i'm going to treat myself 1 day so please do a little report. When are you traveling?

User Info Menu

We are there in 3 weeks! Mostly have read great things..just the water issue and the property next door. Our places don't have to be fancy-actually we rather rustic-as long as its clean. We really enjoy meeting new people....ahhh but those moments of quite on that balcony.. I really cant wait to get there. I will definitely write a report!

User Info Menu

We've stayed in penthouse several times always loved it. the rooftop is the most amazing view. Water is lovely there with some waves and current clear and shallow, occasionally with heavy rain river flows and changes ocean color, not often. There is a lot next door but vendors are kind. The staff at at beachouse and the restaurant are excellent life guard/security and groundskeepers are top notch and go out of there way to make you feel at home. I'd stop at the store for drinks for the fridge. It's the most beautiful balcony for beach watching. 😊 enjoy

User Info Menu

Just talking yesterday and our plan is to hit HILO on the way. Taking the time to stop. Hard though as you cant wait to get there its tough to stop but we want to get as settled as possible. Wont be cooking much but some basics. We figure too with all those steps upon arrival we will have help with bags.

Question! Sand fleas...mosquitoes..bugs... how bad? Suggestions on repellent? Will have one carry on for full size products. One time the location where we stayed had a ton of ants...and at night an incredible amount of bugs all over the walk way outside of our place/door. We brought our own spray the next time. I have read some threads about problems with hook worm too. Seems something to be cautious of! Blech!

User Info Menu

Lorac, if you're arriving in 3 weeks then it looks like we're to blame for the honeymoon suite at Kuyaba being booked for your dates. I've been staying there for over 20 years (back in the Sea Gem days) and look forward to being back in a few weeks.