Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beach House Condos-Penthouse

User Info Menu

Re: Beach House Condos-Penthouse

Quote Originally Posted by N5_ View Post
    Lorac, if you're arriving in 3 weeks then it looks like we're to blame for the honeymoon suite at Kuyaba being booked for your dates. I've been staying there for over 20 years (back in the Sea Gem days) and look forward to being back in a few weeks.
    Ahhhhhhh so its you!! :-) We will be in JA 29th-3rd. Usually a family trip but just 2 this time. I think I will like Beach House...love Kuyabas vibe and rates! Almost took a different room..but the Penthouse view..as you read won my heart!

User Info Menu

I haven't stayed there but think you'll like Beach House. Spent an evening there a few years back with some people we met and it seemed great. We're there 25th - 10.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N5_ View Post
    I haven't stayed there but think you'll like Beach House. Spent an evening there a few years back with some people we met and it seemed great. We're there 25th - 10.
    Are you staying at BHC or Kuyaba? Nice log trip! I wish!

User Info Menu

Kuyaba for the duration. I'm sure we'll spend some time at BH catching up with a friend that runs his boat from there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lorac1967 View Post
    Are you staying at BHC or Kuyaba? Nice log trip! I wish!
    Haha...ok, I got a little lost there... I knew you were staying at Kuyaba! That was a silly question!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lax1724 View Post
    I have stayed there 3 times and absolutely love it. One of the more interesting aspects is how many people return there year after year. Assuming you visit the bar while you are there, you will soon make many new friends. The staff and the guests have become like a second family over the years. There is no issue with yucky water as it is not that close to the river. The building next door is abandoned and inhabited by squatters that keep their areas nice and clean. I have read some posts with people saying that it is unsafe but I was never given reason to believe that. Not to mention the fact that there is security 24/7. The penthouse is spectacular, there is nothing like waking up each morning (or noon or night) and walking into the living area to a breathtaking view. The beach area is clean and the chairs are comfortable and the bar is steps away. The food is pretty good too but the beauty of being on the beach is that you have tons of options for food and drink within walking distance. The kitchen also comes in handy if you feel like making a meal or two at home.
    Questions about the bedroom. Not that I like to sleep when I am there.. I would rather not.... However I am curious about how noisy/quite the room is. Does it have windows? I LOVE a dark room.. I am assuming the ac is adequate.

I think thats all for my questions..

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Although I have been in the Penthouse, and on the roof top deck, I never stayed there. I stayed in the unit directly beneath it (Beach House) and the Ocean Suite which is next door. Even with the bar being in close proximity, noise was not a problem (even on New Year's Eve). Both were very quiet and the ac made for a comfortable night's sleep. I can't imagine that sleeping in the Penthouse would be any different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]