Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ya mon Red stripe Catamarran ....first class all the way !!!

User Info Menu

Re: Ya mon Red stripe Catamarran ....first class all the way !!!

I guess theres always that boat that is gonna take it to far, we kept all our fun right on the boat, or close by !

Sunjam, I'm penciling ya in for next year !
    Ukran1ans....hey !!!! You will love it, right up your alley !!!! Go to the boardie bash week next time, theres nothing like it !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Ukran1ans....hey !!!! You will love it, right up your alley !!!! Go to the boardie bash week next time, theres nothing like it !
    Hey Jojo,

I'll definitely consider next year's boardie bash... I have to survive my May and Nov trips first! LOL

User Info Menu

Name:  231.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  88.3 KB
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

it's the smallest catamaran in Negril....it gets dwarfed by the "Sunsplash", "Sunsation" and the Big Yellow Boat - "Tortuga" etc catamarans
    so if you like your group large....go with the big catamarans.....if you like your group small......go with da Ya Mon Red Stripe catamaran

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Marko, sometimes bigger isn't always better !!!!

User Info Menu

I've been on this trip a quite few times over the years and it's always been fantastic every time! The staff and crew are great people and have always been professional and respectful. The small boat size is a huge plus for me - no waiting in lines for drinks or food!! As was mentioned they have a facebook page with contact info for advance bookings (Yamon "Red Stripe" Catamaran Crusies). I can't say enough good things about these guys.

User Info Menu

Hi All,
    I am looking at Yamon's website and it says there two cruises available...Sunset and Island Picnic. Has anyone done the Island Picnic and how does it compare to the sunset cruise? They both sound great but would love to read your thoughts. Thanks, Jess

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jesswade View Post
    Hi All,
    I am looking at Yamon's website and it says there two cruises available...Sunset and Island Picnic. Has anyone done the Island Picnic and how does it compare to the sunset cruise? They both sound great but would love to read your thoughts. Thanks, Jess
    Have been on it twice and both times for the sunset cruise. I can tell you that it is a lot of fun, they stop up by Booby Cay for snorkeling, then again by Pushcart, then down to Rick's café and then on to the lighthouse and back. It does include open bar and a great dinner.

Can't say anything about the island cruise as I have not been on it. But the staff is great and the trip is definitely worth it.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Thanks Moose - We are definitely going to do it, cant wait! And thanks again for the recommendation of Quality's, cant wait to eat there! Quick question, when you eat there or book the cruise, are you paying in US dollars or Jamaican currency? Just trying to plan how much to convert.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jesswade View Post
    Thanks Moose - We are definitely going to do it, cant wait! And thanks again for the recommendation of Quality's, cant wait to eat there! Quick question, when you eat there or book the cruise, are you paying in US dollars or Jamaican currency? Just trying to plan how much to convert.
    I always use JA$$ when I can. I think the RS cruise was $50 US (they gave us a discount) and I think I paid like $6000j? Quality's has his prices in USD, I suppose for the stability, but I have always paid J$ there too. And his prices are still great, $13 for lionfish, $15 for snapper or grouper, and $16 for mahi mahi (so good they named it twice! )

Don't quote me on those prices, they're from memory, and as always subject to change.

HTH

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.