Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music options in JA

User Info Menu

music options in JA

i will be staying the month of August and don't know what i should do to listen to music. i rely on Pandora at home, but that's not an option in JA.. any suggestions?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: music options in JA

With a VPN (virtual private network), you can log in to Pandora as if you were at home. Also a nice option to have available for many uses. I use one as some websites change the content you see depending on your location.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

thanks, Rob. that would be lovelyl i'll have to google VPN.

User Info Menu

your in jamaica, bring a small radio or boom box and listen to irie fm and other stations. There are more than a few choices nowadays and you get a feel of things. Can't miss marley in the morning followed by voice of america news

User Info Menu

I bring a Sony BlueTooth Speaker with me for my room and play the songs on my phone/tablet (I stay at White Sands which has good wifi, so I can also stream music from my RadioTunes App)

User Info Menu

VPN sound good to me

User Info Menu

actually a decent cellphone with a FM radio and/or MP player with stored music and a Bluetooth boombox speaker can work well in Jamaica....
    that's usually what most of us do that live there......yah mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I always take the speakers for my PC and an mp3 player for in-room tunes.

User Info Menu

Red face Re: music options in JA

My trusty old iPod mini has a radio / tuner that picks up all the local Jamaican radio stations clearly. There is no better vacation soundtrack! I also LOVE listening to the local radio talk shows where the locals call in and weigh in on the topics of the day!

I always use headphones when on the beach so I don't disturb others with my music. In the room or patio I have a 1/8" audio cable that connects it to a portable speaker. The cable also acts an=s an antennae so we get great reception indoors.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
    My trusty old iPod mini has a radio / tuner that picks up all the local Jamaican radio stations clearly. There is no better vacation soundtrack! I also LOVE listening to the local radio talk shows where the locals call in and weigh in on the topics of the day!

I always use headphones when on the beach so I don't disturb others with my music. In the room or patio I have a 1/8" audio cable that connects it to a portable speaker. The cable also acts an=s an antennae so we get great reception indoors.
    Like my brother Cornell, I enjoy listening to some island perspective 'pon d'beach. My Moto G has an FM Radio built in with an app that will scan for local stations; wired buds in the headphone jack provide the necessary antenna.

There are also several good podcasts that can provide hours of your favorite beach vibes... my current favorite is Jah Works Radio, which I subscribe to with iTunes. House of Reggae is another very good one. I always keep several episodes of each on my iPod.