Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: calling to JA from U.S

User Info Menu

calling to JA from U.S

hello,
    realize this is asked a lot. most everyone i know uses whats app but i have one friend w/out a smart phone. i used to use pennytalk but they charge a monthly fee and i would just use a few times a year. anything out there now that is economical? thanks

User Info Menu

Re: calling to JA from U.S

Cheapest is for them to call you. $100jmd gives them about 20 minutes calling the US.

User Info Menu

Yes, add credit to their phone through EZ Top or the Digicel website and have them call you.

User Info Menu

Ding is about the cheapest....no monthly charge.....mi still have a balance and haven't added money in a couple years....lol
    Pingo and the other calling services are much more expensive since they like to charge a fee every month....
    problem with sending credit is they use it for other calls and to give your credit to family and friends versus calling you......lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

thanks Marko, not familiar with ding but will look it up and give it a shot

User Info Menu

25 US cents is pretty much the rate across the board.

I forward all my calls from Florida to my Jamaican cell.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Ringyard doesn't charge a monthly fee. I think its about 20 cents/minute. You have to set the service for one specific phone (your cell, or your home phone). For the last couple years they do promos every few months where they text an offer to add $5 credit if you topup at least $5; that was a good deal lol. May have to call them afterward for them to activate their free credit. They have good customer service.

I figure anyone who wants to talk to me can find $120j to topup their phone. I got a call last night and they wanted to talk long because they would get bonus credit if we stayed on the line a certain amount of time.