Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Kuyaba and Ice

User Info Menu

Kuyaba and Ice

Hi,

We're super excited to be booked for Kuyaba for a week in Feb (7th time in Negril, 1st time at Kuyaba). We wanted a room w/ fridge, but they are out. So what we've done in the past is bought a cheap cooler and left it behind. But it can be a challenge to get ice sometimes.

Some resorts we've stayed at don't like handing out ice every morning, which I totally get.

Anyone know if there are any places near Time Sq/Kuyaba (or the hotel itself) that will be willing to sell ice?

ST

User Info Menu

Re: Kuyaba and Ice

Shamrock. Big bag for 3-350 JA

User Info Menu

Sand gravity usually takes over for me and I've always just asked one of the beach fellas to get me a bag of ice. I have no idea where they go but I give them $600JA and they come back with 2 bags and change.

On a previous trip, we went through the drive thru of Burger King and got a bag of ice.

User Info Menu

Ask around Kuyaba...one of the guys at the bar may fill it if your cooler isn't too big. If not, ask one of Captain Clarke's guys (red t-shirts) on beach at Kuyaba if they can get you a bag of ice.

User Info Menu

Friends stayed at Kuyaba 2 yrs. ago and they weren't able to get a refrigerator. Kuyaba supplied them with a good sized cooler on wheels and told them to have the bartenders fill it with ice whenever needed. We stay at Shamrock but a few years ago they were out of ice. We checked every store around including Burger King and couldn't get ice. We thought we'd give Kuyaba a try and the bartender filled our cooler no charge (I gave a tip of course). Kuyaba has been our favorite restaurant since it opened sometime in the early 90's so we know the staff pretty well.

User Info Menu

There is an honest to goodness ice factory up around Cosmo's. On the right hand. Has an ice cube on a sign in front

40 Lbs for 500 Ja.

Or you can get a 300 Lb. "straight"

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    There is an honest to goodness ice factory up around Cosmo's. On the right hand. Has an ice cube on a sign in front

40 Lbs for 500 Ja.

Or you can get a 300 Lb. "straight"

Cap
    Thanks for the responses! We're not renting a car this time (for the first time), so looking for options very close to the resort. Hoping to not have to get a cab to get ice every morning. Sounds like, as expected, the bar is hit or miss (which, again, I get).

ST

User Info Menu

I've stayed at kuyaba many times, there is an ice machine between the bar/restaurant and the cottages. we always take an old cooler & never had problems filling it ourselves..just ask the staff first