Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lobster

User Info Menu

Lobster

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I thought I would post anyway. Over the years we've been going to Negril the lobster prices have really climbed, so much so that it's cheaper to buy a lobster in Duluth MN than Negril. Does anyone know of a fisherman who will sell live lobster so I can cook it myself? Hoping this might be cheaper. Also, is the guy with the heated stainless steel box still selling them on the beach for $10 a pop? I thought this was a great deal.

Just a lobster lover looking for lobster love : )

User Info Menu

Re: Lobster

The best price I've found on lobster was at Just Natural. It was around $13, if I remember correctly. As with everything on the Just Natural menu, it was fresh and delicious!

User Info Menu

Where is that?

User Info Menu

Interesting Irine... I thought lobster was a lot more affordable in Negril, especially for Americans since the Jamaican dollar has devalued in the last few years comparatively.
    3 Dives and Kool Vybes is approx 3000j (approx. $23us) for 1 ½ lobsters...much cheaper than previous years.

Check out the link below...there's a shop in the West End that sells seafood...
    http://negril.com/nt/nt032516.htm

User Info Menu

There are sometimes guys that catch them offshore, you just need to walk to beach to find them, sometimes there's one around Nirvana. If you go early, the fish market next to the big craft market near downtown sometimes has them. You can also ask your hotel to send the seafood truck there.

User Info Menu

I agree with Bnewb, that the lobster dinner at 3 Dives and Kool Vibes is a pretty good value. This lat reach we split a lobster dinner and brought a 1/2 chicken dinner back to our apartment for dinner the next night. One note of caution, don't by seafood that isn't keep at the proper storage temperature. Respect --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Hey Irine,
    I am going to Supreme Lobster here in Illinois this weekend.
    I will see what the going rates are in the Midwest.

User Info Menu

Downeast Maine right from the dock (The Lobster Pound) $5.50 a pound
    Last edited by Ruby; 06-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.

User Info Menu

yeah the price of Lobster in the states is way down in recent years comparatively speaking with Jamaica......
    wi can even get live Maine Lobster here in Florida for relatively cheap money these days compared to 10 years ago......
    in Negril mi always on the lookout for fresh seafood all da time.......and the Spiny Lobster is tuff to find at a reasonable cost.......so mi go without
    alternatively if you like Crab....you can get dem pretty easy....you can get like 6-10 for like $600-$800J's and boil dem up for a delicious meal.....yah mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Where is that?
    Just Natural is in the deep West End on Hylton Ave. Go past the lighthouse and just Past Out of Town Pastry, there will be a fork in the road. If you go right, you will stay on West End Rd - if you go left go, you will get on Hylton. Any taxi driver will be able to take you there.