Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cottages, which ones?

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Cottages, which ones?

I've been searching, and searching till I'm sick of searching. I've debated between seagrape(sold out), the Rockhouse, VSM (garden), the spa & retreat, and Tensing Pen. We are staying a few nights at our fave Xtabi, but for the last two nights, and my 40th birthday I wAnt to try something different, even though I'd be fine at xtabi, I just want a little something nicer, somewhere we've never stayed. I think I want to go with Tensing Pen as it's a resort I have always loved from the pictures. My options are : seagrape 1, south house 1 or 2, or the Garden studio. We are staying there the last weekend before prices go up for the season, and are beyond excited. I love to see pics of these places too if you want to share
    Last edited by ster & kev; 06-02-2017 at 10:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Cottages, which ones?

No to south house at Tensing. I've stayed in both the upper and lower levels, disliked both. The racket is insane in both units. The two are connected by a common stairwell, and it's like a sound tunnel. Combine it with proximity to Ivan's, and the dogs at the adjacent property... what a lot of noise. Sea grape is nice, it's at the opposite end of the resort, and real secluded. Garden studio is lovely. My personal favorite there is red birch, but we only get it every other year. 2017 we have it, but 2018 is pine pillar suite for us again.

When are you going? I think I have pictures of all of them, I'll find and will post you some later.

User Info Menu

I stayed at the Spa Retreat my first trip to JA. It is a nice spot but felt "sterile" to me, not sure how else to put it. I felt disconnected from everything while there, buy maybe that is a good thing for some? We rented one of the cottages closest to the water- If I were to stay there again, I would opt for one further from the water towards the road more (cost is more affordable too) for privacy. They have a great staff (bartenders, waiters etc) but overly aggressive masseuse's that were always chasing me down to sell a massage. Great food at the restaurant.

User Info Menu

Go with the South House at Tensing. If budget is a concern the Garden Studio would be a good option.