Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuba...

User Info Menu

Question Scuba...

Best places to go for great dive experiences? Companies AND dive locations?

Anyone know if Clifton Ritchie is still Dive Master in Negril? Saw some message board posts on a travel site that indicated he may be at HedoII.

User Info Menu

Re: Scuba...

I'd be interested to hear from people's experiences diving in Jamaica. I've been subscribed to two or three diving magazines and in over ten years I think I've ever only seen one article on diving in Jamaica.

I can only personally comment on snorkeling in Jamaica vs other islands. There does seem to be more non-fish life, cowries, eels and stingrays than other islands, but the variety of fish and volume of fish is much lower than other islands.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Just did a six day visit and hooked up with Dream Team Divers Ken & Sabine are the owners at Coral Seas Cliff next to Rockhouse. My 13 year old wanted to learn how to scuba. Ken responded to my email and graciously accomodated him the sunday before Memorial day also a day before he was leaving for a vacation. He took my son in the pool until he was comfortable then jumped off the cliffs where he went for an awesome dive getting to check out a reef with lots of interesting see life. I highly recommend Ken he is A1 with lots of excellent reviews. His rates are very reasonable great personality with patience. You won't be disappointed. Name:  20170527_221300.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  92.8 KBName:  20170527_221300.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  92.8 KB

User Info Menu

I second the recommendation of Ken & Sabine.......Dream Team Divers

User Info Menu

Dream Team divers were great. Sabine made my April dive a lot of fun.Name:  Tommy Wrasses around barrelsponge.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  94.6 KBName:  Tommy Lobster.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  96.9 KB

User Info Menu

How does the diving in Negril compare to other islands?

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

I third that with Dream Team.. Ken and Sabine are awesome.
    “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

User Info Menu

i did 6 dives in cozumel in april. more sea life than you can imagine. the reefs in Jamaica are unfortunately over fished. in Jamaica you will see tangs, doctor, grunts, sergeant majors, lion, but very small and in limited numbers. i've also seen turtles, eagle rays, eels and a nurse shark. I like jamaica and would love to see a size and quantity limit enforced so the reefs have time to replenish themselves.
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rasta ronnie View Post
    i did 6 dives in cozumel in april. more sea life than you can imagine. the reefs in Jamaica are unfortunately over fished. in Jamaica you will see tangs, doctor, grunts, sergeant majors, lion, but very small and in limited numbers. i've also seen turtles, eagle rays, eels and a nurse shark. I like jamaica and would love to see a size and quantity limit enforced so the reefs have time to replenish themselves.
    Yeah Mon! Or more or larger marine protected areas.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

User Info Menu

When you do a shore dive with Dream Team you see what every other snorkeler sees. You need to go out with a dive master in a boat. There is much more to see. There are sunken plane fuselages boat wrecks etc. I have seen Nurse sharks Parrot fish dolphins large and small Lion fish. A lot more others that i don't know the names of. All sizes of lobster, Jamaican King Crab, Angel fish, Barracuda. And this is just out 1/4 to 1/2 mile from shore. I go with Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing. He has 3 dive boats and a great crew.