Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hijacked comments

User Info Menu

Maybeeeee......Some thing in the color, bias and bigotry, no matter how subtle...rears it's ugly head to some, but not others.

User Info Menu

Yes, Suzen, it's very common expression and even reality but maybe not to those in the tourist areas or business. We all experience Jamaica differently. I do understand and respect that.

This thread IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS- It was NOT started by dis Sweet Dawta but was not made clear at the beginning that MY comments were from another thread. My first thought was WTF, actually it was BC mon wah dat bout. My experience in Jamaica sometimes is a series, of WTF. However Jamaica has prepared me for coming on here and seeing a thread started by me which indeed I did not start but appeared as if I did. No problem mon.

I will PM Bnewb because I understand what she was asking and the truth be know I am AFRAID of one posters comments of trying to dismiss dis dawta yaad experience and what was overstand.
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by x l ent View Post
    Maybeeeee......Some thing in the color, bias and bigotry, no matter how subtle...rears it's ugly head to some, but not others.
    It's really not subtle but a few are blinded because while they are on the lovely stretch of beach or fancy resort and are unaffected. No not everyone has a clue what I am talking about,that I understand.

I love Jamaica because the place is amazingly beautiful, the men are easy on the eyes, and the women are hot. It's the only place I feel truly blessed, once I escape customs and the chance of being strip searched again. Also in one moment you can see things that make you laugh out loud for no reason or cry from heart ache.

What I hate, Jamaica is the only place I have been (8 countries/2 continents/countless cities, and states) I have to pretend to be American in hopes of getting decent service and treatment.

Jamaica 2012: Port Antonio/Ocho Rios/ Negril
    Last edited by Sweet_Dawta; 10-27-2011 at 11:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Sweet-Dawta your postings make sense even if it was not initially started here. Have a lovely evening.

User Info Menu

Okay I'm thoroughly confused

I know I"m a newbie and I've only been to Jamaica once. I did try and experience the non AI tourist area, the AI tourist area and the non tourist area.. granted they were in small doses 2 days here 3 days there so I am by no means an expert on anything Jamaica at this point.. butIf everything wasn't as it seemed I dont want to look like I've got wool over my eyes.. What did I miss?

User Info Menu

"I know I"m a newbie and I've only been to Jamaica once. '
    I am an oldieeeeeeeee, and Jamaica can still be confusing. There is a lot to learn about Jamaica, a lot to love, but more and more need changing. Is there any place in Canada you are NOT welcome simply because you are Canadian eh? Would you expect this in a place as beautiful as Jamaica with people as friendly. Some are happy with the Jamaica of today, so I understand but I am happier with the Jamaica I grew up in where RESPECT was more than a word, with no Burger King or KFC (keep from Cooking). I hope to find a bit of MINE, good or bad.

Letting things be as they seems I am going ask Rob to remove my name as the starter of this thread, since I did not start. Now I will be in HIS Jamaica where things are as they seem. In MY Jamaica, pff no problem:-)_
    Last edited by Sweet_Dawta; 10-28-2011 at 08:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manda81 View Post
    What did I miss?
    dunno.......but you got around plenty for your first reach..........

and you are now officially a Negril Addict! and don't forget to pay your dues to Masta Smith (grin)

the more you go........the more you know......

mi learn sumthin new every reach.....from every experience.....
    and from everything mi see.....and everything mi do

sometimes when you repeat an experience der........
    you see it entirely differently than the first time....

it's all one big adventure that goes on for years and years...30 years for this guy......and mi luv it

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Rob, I am going to START the change I wish to see in Jamaica and kindly request that you remove dis Sweet Dawta as the starter of this thread. Not requesting this would be support one of the things I find very annoying in MY neck of the woods in Jamaica. Please make it clear in the heading or FIRST post that the comments were taken from another thread out of respect for the poster who took the time to share her experience.

If you don't then we know at least one place where the statement is TRUE!

What the heck, I BEG this of thee. Now you know one Jamaican who begs for no reason:-)

Thanks
    Last edited by Sweet_Dawta; 10-28-2011 at 08:40 AM.

User Info Menu

I am an oldieeeeeeeee, and Jamaica can still be confusing. There is a lot to learn about Jamaica, a lot to love, but more and more need changing. Is there any place in Canada you are NOT welcome simply because you are Canadian eh? Would you expect this in a place as beautiful as Jamaica with people as friendly. Some are happy with the Jamaica of today, so I understand but I am happier with the Jamaica I grew up in where RESPECT was more than a word, with no Burger King or KFC (keep from Cooking). I hope to find a bit of MINE, good or bad.

Letting things be as they seems I am going ask Rob to remove my name as the starter of this thread, since I did not start. Now I will be in HIS Jamaica where things are as they seem. In MY Jamaica, pff no problem:-)_[/QUOTE]

I dont think that there would be a place in Canada that I'm not welcomed because I'm Canadian ..so what you are saying is that as a Jamaican there are parts of Jamaica that you are not accepted? Why would this be?? I'm not doubting you I just would like to understand why if this is the situation that you are dealing with in your own home country. That's horrible.

User Info Menu

Manda-.

I really enjoyed seeing Jamaica through your eyes so I shared a few links with you, Jamaica through my eyes.

Thank you,