Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hijacked comments

User Info Menu

"It may not be as you would want it to be, but it is exactly as it seems.."

LOL..nothing in Jamaica is or what it seems. As for the hubby, he is white and they will let me go through once I say I am with him. That is what is seems! I am sure there is reason to let one person on the same household traveling with kids go through and not the other. WE TRAVEL AS A FAMILY. I shared my experience and thoughts as others have done. Please give others a chance to take from it as they will.

BTW...I was asked for "lunch money" in the past to avoid the hassle. hmmmm, it might be logical to target those who you suspect will give the most to those in need. Yuh right sah!

Love...Laugh...Live
    Thanks
    Last edited by Sweet_Dawta; 10-27-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Dawta View Post
    "It may not be as you would want it to be, but it is exactly as it seems.."

LOL..nothing in Jamaica is or what it seems.
    In my experience living and creating businesses in Jamaica for nearly 20 years now, I have no idea as to what you are referring. Everything in Jamaica is exactly as it seems. There is nothing mysterious, there is no secret club with a secret handshake, simply a developing country going through the normal growth development that other countries have experienced.

If by chance you dont understand why something is the way it is, and then try to force the situation into a preconceived ideal that you hold, then I would suppose that things may not be as you think they are at first glance. But with understanding, any such confusion will be eliminated, and you will see that things are exactly as they appear.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If by chance you dont understand why something is the way it is, and then try to force the situation into a preconceived ideal that you hold, then I would suppose that things may not be as you think they are at first glance. But with understanding, any such confusion will be eliminated, and you will see that things are exactly as they appear.
    LOL...all this for sharing my experience and thought/opinion?????

"In my experience living and creating businesses in Jamaica for nearly 20 years now, I have no idea as to what you are referring"
    From someone who was born and raised on the island and now return I share this sentiment of you. Now, the forum has a different point of view to draw on. In the future I will add IMOP so my idea can be easily overlooked by those who don't understand.

Live, Love, Laugh..nothing is as it seem, soon come, no problem mon.
    Last edited by Sweet_Dawta; 10-27-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

LOL...all this for sharing my experience and thought/opinion?????

"In my experience living and creating businesses in Jamaica for nearly 20 years now, I have no idea as to what you are referring"
    From someone who was born and raised on the island and now return I share this sentiment of you. Now, the forum has a different point of view to draw on. In the future I will add IMOP so my idea can be easily overlooked by those who don't understand.

Live, Love, Laugh..nothing is as it seem, soon come, no problem mon.
    Sorry for the hijacking Manda....but I'm slightly curious, Sweet Dawta...

Obviously, I don't have the experience of being raised in Jamaica as a child as you were & then living your teen & adult years in the US as you have...

and I don't have the experience that Rob has as an adult, fully working here and livng in Jamaica for 20 years...

but I've been dealing with my newbie world of living here for almost 5 years & I don't understand your statement "that nothing is as it seems". I've seen this statement before and have asked Jamaicans that have been born, raised & currently live here what they think it means...and they don't understand it either.

It seems to me this is simply a blanket statement that can be applied to any location or situation that someone simply doesn't understand....not a Jamaica 'thing'.
    You seem to be implying there's some big secret here in Jamaica. Maybe you can shed some light on this big secret you keep hinting at, so visitors/tourists to the island that are viewing your comments in this forum, can be more informed & feel less paranoid from your hinting. And before you "LOL" at me for not understanding as you have with Rob...
    I really am sincerely asking...please shed some light.

User Info Menu

Bnewb- "I really am sincerely asking...please shed some light"

Since I sincerely don't wish to be disrespectful to Manda, who has taken the time to share her experience, would you mind if I PM you later. Just say, from all my travel (a bit) Jamaica is one of the most beautiful but yet one of the most complex place I know. Smiles for asking:-)

User Info Menu

Bnewb- "I really am sincerely asking...please shed some light"

Since I sincerely don't wish to be disrespectful to Manda, who has taken the time to share her experience, would you mind if I PM you later. Just say, from all my travel (a bit) Jamaica is one of the most beautiful but yet one of the most complex place I know. Smiles for asking:-)
    Ahh but it is already half way there and now has peaked mine and probably others curiousity ... dammit! It's like not knowing who knocked on the door now I realize what everyone was going through lol

Feel free to discuss openly if you so wish at no disrespect to me.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Hijacked comments

Since Manda has had such a great trip report going, I figured it was only fair to place the posts that were essentially changing the direction of her thread into this thread. Sweet Dawta, no need to PM anyone, you can post your explanations here!

User Info Menu

we have overheard comments from other tourist, such as......."Look Honey, what are them guys standing around laughing doing, looks like a "drug deal"..????"

I corrected them saying, "No, they are just laughing about what the tourists did in front of them today"

Question: why did they assume it was a drug deal????
    color of their skin????.......they didn't seems to be doing anything constructive??...............was it their 'look"....?
    or are they just reading in to what they see????
    Some seem to be looking for the "intrigue".....or the "dark side"
    ?
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

I understand what it means-and so do my Jam. friends who were born and live there...and there is nothing "secretive" about it...

I'm sure Sweet dawta will enlighten you.....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Suzen,

Please enlighten us if you would be so gracious.

No Jamaican friends of mine knows what it means either.

It seems to be secretive since no one seems to be able to explain what it means...