Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: And now for something completely different...

Administrator

User Info Menu

And now for something completely different...

Jamaica Moon is a new track on the late, great Chuck Berry's final album. Recorded at 90 years old, Jamaica Moon is neither like his standard rock and roll nor is it reggae. But it is Chuck singing about our beaches and more.

To listen to the tune, you can stream it free on NPR. Here is the link, the song is #8 on the album. Thank you Chuck...

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/05/530603...ck-berry-chuck
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: And now for something completely different...

I first saw a Jamaica Moon in 1984. I have a crescent moon setting into the sea at a 1986 concert at Kaiser's in mind that I hope will be one of my last images at 90!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ah, Kaiser's and the moon. On some concert nights there was nothing like it. One particular night in the early 90's, I exorcised the memories of my recent ex-wife looking at the full moon.

And yes VVHT, there was a t-shirt involved...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing, Rob! I was not heretofore aware of this gem.

Also, you and I met a year to two ago at the Red Dragon. It's the best jerk pork around hands down! Perhaps our paths will cross again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ah, Kaiser's and the moon. On some concert nights there was nothing like it. One particular night in the early 90's, I exorcised the memories of my recent ex-wife looking at the full moon.

And yes VVHT, there was a t-shirt involved...
    That's exactly what I was doing, Rob. Then a hooker approached me! I demurred. Respect, Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.