Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need a new beach spot

User Info Menu

We need a new beach spot

With Cosmo's gone Miss G and I need a new place to spend Sundays. (our beach day)

Laid back, few if any higglers. Nothing like Margaritaville or Woodstock. Good local food too.

Believe it or not we're not very familiar with Negril

Suggestions?

Thanks

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 06-06-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Re: We need a new beach spot

Awww Capt...I understand...
    you can check out Sunbeach...get to know the owners...they rock!
    Yellow Bird is another easy place to hang out...good bar, no restaurant but the lady there regularly sells some great fish & dessert...nice people.

User Info Menu

I second Sun Beach. They treat their regulars well. You can run a tab and they have umbrellas and will set one up where you want. I get mine in the back corner and am left alone as I like it. The owners are good people and will welcome you like family. I like the place.
    "mud cyaan seckle widout wata"...some people are essential to the wellbeing of others

User Info Menu

How about the nice beach at Canoe? They have great appetizers (onion rings, fries and conch fritters) and then a nice dinner at Quality's across the street? And you can beach comb for sea glass if you get bored.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

I hear you, Cap. Not many places can compare to the vibe of Cosmo's. I didn't mind paying the few bucks for a hassle-free environment with a wide open beach and great service.

Sun Beach is pretty cool. Although it is in center of the beach, the staff keeps the higglers at bay for a chill environment. The food is pretty good, too. During the busy season it can get crowded, as Sea Star shuttles their guests there.

Moose has a good point on Canoe. Mary's Bay is small, but usually hassle free. The one drawback is that the water is kept in a natural state, meaning there is lots of sea grass and urchins. Not always the best spot for swimming, unless you snorkel out to deeper water.

The Mrs. and I have also chilled at Arthur's Bar on the beach. It's not too big, but it is popular among Jamaicans and you can usually get a lounge chair. I don't believe they serve food, but Alfred's is right next door.

ETA: My bad - Arthurs does have a grill. I just haven't eaten there.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 06-07-2017 at 06:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Canoe also has kick ass rum punch, and for the Canadian's a really good Ceaser.

User Info Menu

Hi Cap, I recommend Sun Beach as well, because of the umbrella option, and good food. but Cap, I have a question for ya as well.... I always like to take a route taxi down to Cosmos, and buy a beverage, then sit at the picnic tables, and relax a bit before my long beach walk. It was a way to escape from the hustlers for awhile. Inevitably some would always come over to bother me. This last trip, when a few came to bother, a very distinquished looking, nicely dressed man, with glasses, would come out and chase them away, that was so nice, I wanted to thank him , and I'm thinking he was the owner, does that sound like him ? Eithere way, good for him for retiring, sometimes it's good for a place to '' retire'' along with the owner, and let the memory of the place stay as is !

User Info Menu

Jojo...Rob posted a pic of Cosmo in the link below...

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...Cosmos-Closing

User Info Menu

Thanks Lisa, nope, that wasn't him then, this gentleman must of been a manager or something.

User Info Menu

Jojo...there was a lovely man that took care of the beach for years...very sweet, usually wore white clothing...would bring your chairs over and get you anything else you needed.