Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Idle Awhile Beach.

User Info Menu

Re: Question about Idle Awhile Beach.

With smoking being legal there now why would any of the beach properties be concerned?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    With smoking being legal there now why would any of the beach properties be concerned?
    I didn't know that smoking herb was legal now. Did this happen since I left in January? I know it wasn't then.

Interested in finding out.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

It's not legal, it's decriminalized. I believe if you have less than 2 ounces, you could get a ticket, not much money, but I think you have to go to Sav to pay it.

User Info Menu

Accompong, pretty much as Saeyedoc says...except I hadn't heard about having to go to Sav as I don't know a soul that has received a ticket yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Accompong, pretty much as Saeyedoc says...except I hadn't heard about having to go to Sav as I don't know a soul that has received a ticket yet.
    That's what I thought. Just was surprised by someone referring to it as "legal".

Carry on.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Legal, decriminalized, potato, potatoe. I haven't been able to determine from this thread if people are concerned about the smoking of cigarettes or ganj.

User Info Menu

Regardless of legality, I think some properties may be concerned just for the comfort of their guests. For example, if you spark-up in the middle of a crowded restaurant, some guests might might complain as it can disrupt their meal.

However, in my experience, this is not a problem in the majority of open air restaurants, as long as other guests aren't right on top of you.

User Info Menu

Decriminalized or legal im not sure I would enjoy somebody puffing away when I'm trying to have a nice dinner. Just my opinion.
    Peace!

User Info Menu

Great! I'm pretty discreet anyway, especially with kids around. But if I'm at the bar, things are nice and quiet, I'd hate to hit the beach or behind a bush if I don't have to.
    Thanks all. Hope to run into each of you someday in our happy place. Nothing better than our toes in the sand and a spliff in our hand!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Jeff View Post
    Legal, decriminalized, potato, potatoe. I haven't been able to determine from this thread if people are concerned about the smoking of cigarettes or ganj.
    I gave up cigarettes 2 decades ago. Those things will kill you. Now if it weren't for by back pain and glaucoma, or was it arthritis.....