Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Idle Awhile Beach.

User Info Menu

Re: Question about Idle Awhile Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Regardless of legality, I think some properties may be concerned just for the comfort of their guests. For example, if you spark-up in the middle of a crowded restaurant, some guests might might complain as it can disrupt their meal.

However, in my experience, this is not a problem in the majority of open air restaurants, as long as other guests aren't right on top of you.

I've been known to smoke a cigar or two as well. Although completely legal, I respect those who don't and will not do so in populated areas. In fact, I'm more likely to light up a joint than a cigar. As non social as I can be, I respect others space and expect mine to be respected as well
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 06-13-2017 at 02:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Nothing better than our toes in the sand and a spliff in our hand!
    I like that! Sounds like that could be a Country Western song.

User Info Menu

Yup

User Info Menu

the last thing I would concern myself with while in Negril.

User Info Menu

I assumed it was legal as last feb we were on the beach and entrepreneurs weren't even trying to hide it or be discreet. Pulling big buds and walking up to everyone like it was sugar cane. Even saw them sit and roll a few for a group of girls that wanted it done for them. I don't smoke cig's or bud, but when someone around me is I don't mind. It's kind of like the unofficial scent of Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Irine...as said in an earlier post...it's decriminalized under 2oz...the ticket you may get is only around 500j.

User Info Menu

Idle Awhile is no problem all around & nice location. We meet up with friends there when ever staying at the cliffs ( Catcha' too) for great area on the beach, short walks great places.

User Info Menu

Thanks McBriGuy I know Negril very well. Although I've walked past countless times, this is my first time staying at Idle Awhile.

User Info Menu

I have stayed at Idle Awhile numerous times....smoking a spliff on the beach is no problem, as that is legal now. Smoking at the bar or at the a table in the outside restaurant is fine too, as long as you are respectful of others, and children.

User Info Menu

Well, not really 'legal', but decriminalized.