Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The shirt thread...

User Info Menu

Re: The shirt thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    I haven't seen any in a decade, think they are no more.
    I'm pretty sure they are no longer in production.

There is a cigar company called foundation cigars who started manufacturing cigars from Jamaica. I got to hang out with the owner and he said their plantations are near Grange Hill. They produce the Tabernacle which is dedicated to H.I.M. and a really good smoke. The premium Jamaican blend is the Upsetter cigar which smells and tastes fantastic. Here is an article about the owner talking about bringing tobacco production back to
    Jamaica. https://cigar-coop.com/2016/05/cigar...n-tobacco.html

User Info Menu

jsteil,
    Thanks for the article and great to know that Jamaican Cigars are alive and well. I don't smoke anymore so I have been pretty much out of the scene but back in the 70's and 80's I loved the Royal Jamaica brand which I believe was a true Jamaican smoke. No getting around the fact that the soils in JA and climate make for an awesome cigar. Too bad that the hurricanes of past have wrecked such havoc but that is a fact of life for the island. I am curios what impact the new Ganja laws Internationally esp in the USA will have on Jamaican Herb?? I know that there are some major Jamaican players getting involved with the industry. Here in New England Maine and Vermont have legalized so combined with CO, WA, OR, CA and whomever I have missed. The beauty about JA is the ability to grow outdoors year round.

Name:  Mikey Dread.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  86.7 KB

Michael Manley Negril (Negril Beach Club) day before 1980 Electon
    Last edited by johng; 06-23-2017 at 11:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Name:  P6230523.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  83.9 KB

User Info Menu

Late to this thread...
    My fav shirt that I've picked up so far. Love the 80's throwback look.

Name:  ja shirt.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  83.0 KB