Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catcha policy on guests?

User Info Menu

Catcha policy on guests?

My husband and I will be staying at Catcha in November and we have friends meeting us in Negril who will be staying at Coco. Does anyone know what Catcha's policy is on us as guests having friends come onto the property to hang out for a while?

User Info Menu

Re: Catcha policy on guests?

Have you tried emailing them to ask? I've gotten prompt answers to questions in the past.

User Info Menu

We were invited there last November by a couple we had met earlier in the week on Bloody Bay. We did eat at Ivan's later, but we hung out at their room for a few hours before. No one said anything to us or our hosts about our being there.

User Info Menu

I have had guests here before and sat on our patio drinking red stripes. I'm at Catcha right now and just asked the Ivan's manager and he said no problem mon.
    On a side note it's always polite at a place like Catcha to at least have your guests get a meal or a few drinks from the bar as curious gesture. I'm on site now so PM me if you have any more questions..

User Info Menu

No worries @ Catcha visitors often come back as patrons.
    We Always encourage folks to come to Ivan's and meet up with Us, for a better cliffs experience.

User Info Menu

Here's another Catcha question, and probably silly at that. I bought a 'fuma-killa'-type plug-in mosquito repellant vaporizer in Germany and I need to convert to Jah outlets. The converter I have has the 2 flat blades and the one round (ground) - like most North American outlets. Are most Jamaican outlets like this (especially at Catcha) or are some with just the 2 blades? Its been months since I've been there, I just can't remember...

I guess I can always hack off the round part.

User Info Menu

The North American type plug you have will fit the outlets at Catcha.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    The North American type plug you have will fit the outlets at Catcha.
    Thanks man - don't want to have to borrow a machete to cut off the round part. Now I hope this works as well as the fuma killa did in Portland...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Thanks man - don't want to have to borrow a machete to cut off the round part. Now I hope this works as well as the fuma killa did in Portland...
    I always bring a few citronella candles. They work great, create a nice atmosphere, and really easy to carry. I leave them behind for the housekeeper, or the next visitor.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Catcha is a very special place and we were able to stay in the Pisces by the road for only $100 but do they still have the dogs across the street at night fighting ? Kinda scary.