Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Zanzi Beach Resort Still Open?

User Info Menu

Is Zanzi Beach Resort Still Open?

Greetings, is there anyone in Negril that can tell me if Zanzi Beach Resort is still open? I called (876)633-0002 and (202)241-9269 and neither number is working. I was trying to make a reservation. I appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thanks.

Dr. J

User Info Menu

Re: Is Zanzi Beach Resort Still Open?

Hi Jdub,
    I checked the website, but only saw the numbers you have.
    It does look nice.
    Good hunting.

User Info Menu

I've not had any luck using their website or email address, but then I've not expected much either. We took a guided tour of the place two years ago while it was being renovated. The rooms looked nice, the grounds needed a lot of work, but some progress was evident. When we got home from that reach, I checked their website... it didn't look like the same resort, based on the photos. I wrote it off at the time as a bit dubious. Will have to peak in again on the next reach come October.

User Info Menu

Zanzi is listed on Negril One Stop. I would try contacting them.

User Info Menu

Hi All, this is the response I received from a travel site:

"I called last week to get rates for 2018 and no answer. Just called again ...same thing and also tried on Skype. We spoke with our head driver in Jamaica and he says it looked like it is closed. It was up an running...and pretty full...when we were there in April. But so was SeaSplash and they closed suddenly last month with 2 days notice to staff."

I am thankful our group did not give a deposit. Thanks for the responses!

User Info Menu

This was just posted on their Facebook page:

Hello all it is with a heavy heart that I am announcing that due to recurring electrical issues and unforeseen issues at Zanzi Beach Resort we regrettably have to close until further notice. We will refund all guests that has already paid a down payment.

We can be Reached @ 876 - 491 - 6853, Thanks again for your patience.

Regards
    Zanzi Management
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thanks Moose! When I stopped by the other day, the security didn't know if it was reopening or not. I will make this a "sticky post" so anyone with reservations can get their refund once I make contact with this number.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I was told today that Rockhouse bought it.

User Info Menu

I know that the property has been sold for sure.

According to my branch of the Negril grapevine, islandlivin is right...it was Rockhouse that bought it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by islandlivin View Post
    I was told today that Rockhouse bought it.
    Sounds good to me. Throw some coin at it and offer another awesome boutique resort on the beach.