Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with.......?

User Info Menu

How do you deal with.......?

Life's commitments are preventing me from my annual pilgrimage to Jamrock. I'm at the point of acceptance. Please post any tips for dealing with an extended time-out from Jamaica. They will be most appreciated.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: How do you deal with.......?

Buy some Red Stripe and keep checking back right here!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

bigbamboo, life happens, you have to go with the flow. Last reach was June 2015, before that it was December 2008! Used to go several times per year, but life happens. Just promise yourself you will return and it will happen someday.

Last night at dinner we were discussing how much we missed floating in the sea off of CLP.....

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Subs and reggae. Reggae and subs.

User Info Menu

Create your own oasis in the yard - Name:  100.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  94.2 KB- taken last season - but, you get the vibe

User Info Menu

When all of our friends are at summer jam and wifest and bonoroo we're at home. When they all moved into their new homes from their starter homes, we stayed in our starter home. When they negotiated raises with their employers, we negotiated more vacation time. It's a life choice that can be very difficult to manage when we are raised to want everything all the time. In 2018 we go back for our 8th time in 9 years and are overjoyed to be taking our adult children for their first trip. I know their will be years we can't go, but our priority is to go somewhere every winter. We are getting older and people our age are starting to pass away. We have committed to diverting at least a small portion of what we put into a 401k every year into travel, as we may not get to do it later. review those commitments, keep the ones to family and make a plan short and long term to reduce life clutter so you can get away. Drive older cars, renovate in steps, skip a few dinners out and you will be back before you know it. Don't forget the commitment to your soul.

User Info Menu

Irene - you speak the truth. Maximum respect. Great life advice.

And that's just my emotional response to your post! There is research that shows that a "getaway" is good for health in many ways.
    https://www.inc.com/lolly-daskal/4-s...e-for-you.html

User Info Menu

Love the little bar.

User Info Menu

Lots and lots of therapy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Stoopid View Post
    Create your own oasis in the yard - Name:  100.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  94.2 KB- taken last season - but, you get the vibe
    Priceless..... Absolutely priceless. How do I get to Dundas Ontario for an ice cold Red Stripe? It's gotta be cheaper than flying to MBJ .