Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you deal with.......?

User Info Menu

Re: How do you deal with.......?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Buy some Red Stripe and keep checking back right here!
    Amen brutha. Amen. It's gotten me through many a cold night.

User Info Menu

We learned how to make Jerk Chicken, Pork and Festival bread. A good strong rum drink and a little Bob Marley help us get through.......

User Info Menu

LOVE that tiki bar!!! Well done! ♥

We have our Master Bedroom done in a Jamaican theme... Caribbean blues on the walls, lots of photos from our past trips and of course all of our souvenirs (Bought a cool looking Old World-style map of Jamaica at the airport on our first trip & had it professionally matted & framed; looks awesome!), as well as some things I've picked up here 'n there that remind me of being there. I'll have to take & post some pics some time!

Other than that, reading forums like these and looking at photos. Putting on some reggae and closing my eyes, envisioning the beautiful Caribbean Sea, and remembering certain moments from our trips. Looking through our old trip photos. Adding a little rum cream to Sunday morning coffee. Making a "bucket list" of things/food/etc I want to try on our next visit. Watching YouTube videos of Seven Mile Beach. Sitting out back in our hot tub and calling out "Any mah-ssage for you today, mi princess" and "Wood carvins...Check out mi hahn-diwork" (Our neighbors probably think we're weird.... because we are. lol)

Our next trip will end up being 7 years from our last trip... I definitely feel your pain.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelbeemon View Post
    Irene - you speak the truth. Maximum respect. Great life advice.

And that's just my emotional response to your post! There is research that shows that a "getaway" is good for health in many ways.
    https://www.inc.com/lolly-daskal/4-s...e-for-you.html
    Great article.......I just know I have to get away to survive..........