Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intro & Questions re: Staying on 7 Mile Beach (Attempting to convert from AI)

User Info Menu

Re: Intro & Questions re: Staying on 7 Mile Beach (Attempting to convert from AI)

The Negril Beach Club Condos offer, standard, studio and 2 room condos. All modern with Wi-Fi, Cable TV, AC, and kitchenettes plus a balcony. We are about 3/4 miles from the Negril Roundabout on the 7 mile beach road, so there's lots of beach to walk. Let us know how we can help you, we enjoy treating our customers as friends, and have always found that this works best.

http://negrilbeachcondo.com/index.htm

User Info Menu

Re: Intro & Questions re: Staying on 7 Mile Beach (Attempting to convert from AI)

It was mentioned that there's a lot of change with hotels, owners etc. and 2021 is a long way off. Nirvana has been a steady during this. I believe the current owners have been there for decades

User Info Menu

I would recommend Nirvana, Idle Awhile, or idle awhile villas (depending in your price range). Coco La Palm might also work well. All have a great mid-beach location for exploring.

User Info Menu

Hello from Ohio. We like to try different places on the beach. This Nov will be our first stay at Idle on the beach. Check it out. Jamaica has taught us to go small, no concrete jungles. It works for us. We stay at Catcha every year. We love the saggi room , we snagged it this yr. I will highly recommend the Coral room at Catcha. It has a wrap around porch with lots of comfy furniture. Lots of shade so you get lots of use out out it. The staff at catcha is awesome. Another suggestion : is do 3 hotels. Then take 1 full day with a driver and go to YS falls and Pelican Bar and Black river. This way you have more chill time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Well hello 3littlebirds. Minnesota here. All the recommendation here are spot on, I'm just a little surprised no one has mentioned the obvious, you will not be on an AI. I've been to an AI before and as much as you may love Jamaica now, if you spend 20 nights on the beach in Negril it will be your religion by the time you leave. The fresh delightful Jamaican food, the people, the fresh juice, the people, chicken from the corner bar or best in the west, the people, evening boat tours, and did I mention the lovely people? You are in for such a treat. Ask a random Jamaican to teach you how to play dominoes and you won't stop laughing (and swearing) the entire evening. We spend on average 3500 dollars for two weeks all in when we go, so your budget will allow plenty for excursions and food. You can eat well on the beach and surrounding area for $25 to $35 a day, for two! Of course you can always spend more but you sure don't have to. We as well as some others above I have stayed at the White Sands my last few reaches because the bang for your buck, location, vibe, and great beach. Have a blast!!!
    Nice to meet you, Irine! Your post brought a smile to my face - thanks! What you said re: the people, etc. is exactly why I don't want to spend the majority of our trip at an AI. We'll still be starting/ending with two different Couples resorts for some laid-back pampering, but the 10 days between are what I'm most excited about! We've only thus far had a tiny taste of life in Negril on 7 Mile beach and the One Love Pub Crawl we did on our last trip made us want to explore the Cliffs much more! It will be interesting after this trip to see how we feel about the next one... I have a feeling we will be hooked on staying at a smaller place and doing our own thing. Thank you SO much for sharing your budget as well!

User Info Menu

Gwhizman, I will check out your link; thank you!

John, that's good to know about Nirvana - thanks! It really is a long way off; I'm thinking maybe we need to have a "back up plan" or a second choice for a place to stay. Worst case scenario, I spend a bunch of time choosing and end up at square one again. No worries.

Thanks for your suggestions, too, Sam!

Miss Honey, Thank you for your input also! Really appreciate the room suggestions for Catcha, too. I know Sagi can be hard to book and was planning on having a second and third room choice, just in case. The only excursion we've really done is the One Love Pub Crawl and we are definitely thinking about exploring more this time, so I'll write down your suggestions and look into them... thanks! The day we leave the Cliffs and drive to Ocho Rios, we were going to hire a driver and stop at a couple of places along the way. Possibly Half Moon Bay/Calico Jack's (should it still be there in 4 years, of course!). We were going to let our driver choose a place for us to buy him lunch and have him stop for anything he thinks we might like to see.