Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Calico Jacks

User Info Menu

Calico Jacks

Hi everyone, I've read trip reports about Calico Jacks and it sounds like a nice relaxing time. So here come the questions...how do we set up transportation? Do you just grab a red plate taxi or do you need to schedule transportation? I know it slow season, will it be "open"? And how much is food/drinks? or the better question is how much do you budget? And any other thoughts/things I might not know and you want to share. Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Re: Calico Jacks

Hi Jess,

It is 180j to get to there from along the beach in a route taxi, make sure it says Green Island or Lucea on it.

It is $5 to get in and $5 to get out to the island and back. Red Stripes were $3.50 or $4 each. I only had the large plate of fries which was about $8 and they were done perfectly. I'd say budget normally for Negril meals, taking into account the fees for entrance and the trip out to the island.

It's a great beach, nice and quiet back there, nice chairs, hammocks, friendly doggies. When you are getting into the water it may be a bit rocky, but they're smooth rocks, so you won't get cut. Great snorkeling up there too.

Hope this helps.

~Moose
    Last edited by CosmicMoose; 07-27-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Definitely call to confirm Half Moon/Calico Jacks is open before you go!
    Have fun

User Info Menu

I'm looking to go sometime @ 8/7- 8/10. I'm friends with the owner on FB, we conspired to get a guy a new guitar. I was going to ask her when they are going to be open during my trip. I'll make sure and reply here when I do. But if you need the info soon, she's pretty responsive on the Calico Jack's FB page.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the great info!