Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inspired by Manda's - My Experience in Negril

User Info Menu

As much as I should have known, I have travled for decades not knowing what others did, seen, and experienced. I can still recall some of those less than perfect vacations and road trip with great fondness. In 20 years I might be saying OMGOSH 2K, not a bad offer gurl. I might recall it as 2K pounds or euros.

"A vacation is like love - anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort, and remembered with nostalgia"

We tried to get to Mayfield but due to bad roads, rain and lightening we got their but decided not to go in. Now with Montego Bay and Negril checked off our list we are heading to my hometown, followed by Ocho Rios.

This weekend I will watch Smile Orange and Heading South. Rob, Thanks for your post.

User Info Menu

Hahaha Hilarious TicToc, lady wanted to pick up your partner. Experiences that make for good laughter and memories later on.

User Info Menu

@sandy-girl
    " If you've traveled to other places like I'm sure you've have, you would know that"

This comment was first a bit confusing but made me smile and think. However, the biggest thing I did not know about Jamaica was there was a time of year called 'hurricane season'. Over 30+ years of traveling, only the past 10 I have used internet for help. Each summer I would plan my trip because I was a student and later as a mom HOPED it did not rain "too hard". Only once it did, talk about luck. You would think growing up there I would have known that "hurricane season" is between June and September/October.
    June too soon
    July stand by
    August come if you must
    September remember
    October all over (not really)
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

Also not until the last 10+ years, with travels to many other places, did I realize how truly beautiful the ENTIRE island is. I was standing at the ruins in Tulum and my first thought was, the view from the cliffs in Negril is betta. As other places, it seems the further I travel away from Jamaica the closer it takes you back.

There is so much I don't know, should have known, and yet to see and experience on the island.

User Info Menu

Oh Yeah, watched How Stella Got Her Grove Back. Knowing all this already did not prepare me..lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FXXJxy7hUc
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED