Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My generation music

User Info Menu

My generation music

I LOVE THIS TUNE. Toots with short hair 1966-1978. Check out all the album covers and pictures. This was the Jamaica of my generation

Last edited by captaind; 07-31-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Re: My generation music

Totally agree, even if I never experienced the blessings that you were given with your time pon da rock! Classic Toots is perfection! Plus, the second song kind of put my state on the map. LOL Bless up mi Captain and family!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I don't know if I like to music or the classic videos better. Very cool.

User Info Menu

Good stuff! I've been wearing out the Unplugged from Strawberry Hill album recently. Wish I could have seen those guys back in the day. Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

I like a lot of this guys earlier music as well. When he had almost no accent, had some roots in soul and Motown, and emulated greats like Smokey, the Temptations and the Impressions (the latter of which was his inspiration for One Love). His music was clean and crisp and cheerful not unlike Toots and the Maytals, lots of horn work etc. Was turned on to it by my driver several years back while taking a day trip in his car.
    Name:  wailers3.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  73.0 KB
    Last edited by Irine; 08-01-2017 at 12:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Here's two more that are still played. Huge hits back in the day. Some hidden meanings here also

Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Nice CD with lots of old school Jamaica sounds - https://www.beatport.com/release/100...ka-hits/322891

100 Reggae and Ska Hits, Goldenlane Records. Red cover with a Lion of Judah.

ITunes has it too. Best $20US I've ever spent. Turned me on to lots of new directions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Nice CD with lots of old school Jamaica sounds - https://www.beatport.com/release/100...ka-hits/322891

100 Reggae and Ska Hits, Goldenlane Records. Red cover with a Lion of Judah.

ITunes has it too. Best $20US I've ever spent. Turned me on to lots of new directions.
    100 Reggae & Ska has my favorite Bob Marley song "Mr Brown", some greats by Greggory Issac's, and many more! Great collection of music!

User Info Menu

Singing 'and we ain't got no wata!' on my bicycle commute home yesterday - got annoying to fellow cyclists after a while...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    100 Reggae & Ska has my favorite Bob Marley song "Mr Brown", some greats by Greggory Issac's, and many more! Great collection of music!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    I LOVE THIS TUNE. Toots with short hair 1966-1978. Check out all the album covers and pictures. This was the Jamaica of my generation

We listen to I heart radio. Turn to Iris Radio . they play all of these tunes.