Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Waterfalls

User Info Menu

Waterfalls

Anyone have an opinion on which falls are better? Closer? Etc. YS falls vs mayfield.

User Info Menu

Re: Waterfalls

Quote Originally Posted by Rn71klp22 View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on which falls are better? Closer? Etc. YS falls vs mayfield.
    I've only been to Mayfield personally, and a friend that went with me went to YS after I left. I enjoyed Mayfield, you mostly walk in the water/up the river. It's nice and cool and refreshing. We left about 9 and were back by 1 iirc.

My friend on the other hand I think was not really a swimmer and more afraid of being in the water, he preferred YS Falls, sounds like it was less in the water walking. I have YS on the possible to-do list for next time, so I might be able to personally comment on that after then.

AFAIK, I think YS is a bit farther and most usually tie it in with another activity like Black River, Appleton Estate or Pelican Bar.

HTH

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Re: Waterfalls

Quote Originally Posted by Rn71klp22 View Post
    I have been to both and loved them both. I would say a big difference is time. If you are going to YS you pretty much are going to use 6 to 8 hours. We also went to Pelican bar when we did YS. Don't let the distance freak you out. YS is worth the time. They have some big rope swings and nice jumping area. The mineral pools are nice also. It's a scenic drive also.