Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Idle Awhile Villa questions

User Info Menu

Idle Awhile Villa questions

Hi, all...I am starting to plan my 2018 cremains scattering trip. My sister and brother-in-law are insisting on coming with me, so we are looking at the Mango Villa at Idle Awhile, and I have some questions; maybe someone from the property or a past guest can answer them.

1) This villa looks like there is one bedroom on each floor so each one has some privacy. Is that in fact the case? If so, this would be ideal accommodation for a couple and a solo.
    2) Is the villa on the beach side, or across the street? Does it have a sea view from the balcony?
    3) Is it worth getting the all-inclusive meal plan if you don't drink a lot?
    4) Our party would include two omnivores and one vegetarian. Would a chef be able to accommodate all on the same day?
    5) What is the location on the beach of the property? In other words, what long-time properties/restaurants is it near? I'd like to get a handle on location based on previous visits.
    6) Does the property have 24-hour security? What about the beach?
    7) Are there safes in the villas?
    8) Is there a pool on the property? I assume that as a solo I would not be able to use the pool at Swept Away.
    9) Would the management be able to organize a boat to take us out to where I could release a biodegradable urn or would I need to do that on my own?

Thanks to all in advance for the help.

User Info Menu

Re: Idle Awhile Villa questions

Sorry for your loss...

Regarding the use of SweptAway facilities, I believe you, as a single would be able to utilize the sports center, which includes fitness training facility, tennis, spa and a very nice Olympic size pool. It is located across Norman Manley from the main lobby. I'm not sure of the logistics involved... you would need to work that out with the folks at IdleAwhile. I can tell you that the two properties are about a ten minute walk apart by beach or road.

I'm also a bit doubtful about your assumption that you would not be welcome to stay at Swept Away as a single, if you were so inclined. If the price is not a problem, you could contact them directly... but I'm sure IdleAwhile would fit the bill nicely.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hello,

Please see my response below to your questions.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
    Hi, all...I am starting to plan my 2018 cremains scattering trip. My sister and brother-in-law are insisting on coming with me, so we are looking at the Mango Villa at Idle Awhile, and I have some questions; maybe someone from the property or a past guest can answer them.

1) This villa looks like there is one bedroom on each floor so each one has some privacy. Is that in fact the case? If so, this would be ideal accommodation for a couple and a solo. YES THIS IS INDEED CORRECT. THERE IS ONE BED ROOM WITH ENSUITE BATHROOM ON EACH FLOOR.
    2) Is the villa on the beach side, or across the street? THE VILLA IS LOCATED ON THE BEACH SIDE. Does it have a sea view from the balcony? IT DOES NOT HAVE A SEA VIEW FROM THE BALCONY BUT A POOL VIEW. IT IS IN A GARDEN SETTING AND IS JUST STEPS AWAY FROM THE SEA.
    3) Is it worth getting the all-inclusive meal plan if you don't drink a lot? CERTAINLY, THE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE OFFERS YOU A STRESS FREE VACATION WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT THE FINAL BILL AS EVERYTHING IS ALREADY PAID FOR BEFORE HAND. BLENDED DRINKS CAN ADD UP TO THE COST OF WHAT AN ALCOHOLIC DRINK COST.
    4) Our party would include two omnivores and one vegetarian. Would a chef be able to accommodate all on the same day? YES OUR CHEFS WILL BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE BOTH MEAL REQUEST DAILY.
    5) What is the location on the beach of the property? In other words, what long-time properties/restaurants is it near? I'd like to get a handle on location based on previous visits.
    6) Does the property have 24-hour security? YES WE DO HAVE 24 HOUR. What about the beach? YES THERE IS 24 HOUR SECURITY ON THE BEACH AS WELL. WE ARE 2 DOORS DOWN FROM MARGARITAVILLE, ABOUT 3 MINUTES WALK FROM COCO LA PALM & IDLE AWHILE BEACH.
    7) Are there safes in the villas? YES, EACH ROOM HAS IT'S OWN SAFE.
    8) Is there a pool on the property? I assume that as a solo I would not be able to use the pool at Swept Away. YES, WE DO HAVE A POOL ON PROPERTY. THERE IS A COMMON POOL THAT IS SHARE BY THE SEAGRAPE, MANGO & NASEBERRY.
    9) Would the management be able to organize a boat to take us out to where I could release a biodegradable urn or would I need to do that on my own? WE CAN ASSIST IN ARRANGING THE BOAT.

Thanks to all in advance for the help.

User Info Menu

I agree with all of the above except maybe the AI option. If you don't drink a lot, you'll be fine without it and it will give you the flexibility to eat some meals elsewhere. It may be less money also if you share the 2BR unit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Idle Awhile Resorts View Post
    Hello,

Please see my response below to your questions.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with.

Kerry
    Thank you, Kerry!!

A few more things: 1) How noisy is it at night from Margaritaville?
    2) Do you have a minimum stay? We would probably be looking at either 4 days/3 nights or 5 days/4 nights.
    3) My sister is a fitness kook and wants to know how far the gym at Swept Away is from the villas. Is it walkable? How many km away?

Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Margaritaville is not usually noisy at night except their all you can drink night, I think it's Fridays.
    CSA is probably about a mile away. It's walkable, a guy who was staying at Idle Awhile Beach (further than the villas) walked there every morning and he was in his 70s.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Margaritaville is not usually noisy at night except their all you can drink night, I think it's Fridays.
    CSA is probably about a mile away. It's walkable, a guy who was staying at Idle Awhile Beach (further than the villas) walked there every morning and he was in his 70s.
    I would think that with the round-trip walk one wouldn't need the gym. ;-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
    I would think that with the round-trip walk one wouldn't need the gym. ;-)
    It's not that much of a walk, maybe 20 minutes. I usually walk that far and back and also to the other end of the beach at least once a day.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

PLEASE SEE MY RESPONSES BELOW.

QUOTE=hackwriter;194387]Thank you, Kerry!!

A few more things: 1) How noisy is it at night from Margaritaville? UNLESS MARGARITAVILLE IS HAVING A PARTY, THE NOISE THERE DON'T AFFECT US THAT MUCH.
    2) Do you have a minimum stay? We would probably be looking at either 4 days/3 nights or 5 days/4 nights. IT'S A MINIMUM OF 3 NIGHTS STAY AT THE VILLAS.
    3) My sister is a fitness kook and wants to know how far the gym at Swept Away is from the villas. IT'S ABOUT 10 MINUTES TALK FORM THE VILLA PROPERTY..... Is it walkable? IT IS WALKABLE.... How many km away?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]