Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flights for end of March, 2018

User Info Menu

Re: Flights for end of March, 2018

Zeppman, it's waaaaay to early to book for next March, chill for a few months, and start checking prices every couple weeks then, once you have you exact dates down.

User Info Menu

@jojo p, that's good to know. I had read somewhere that for Caribbean flights, especially if your looking to go during the traditional "spring break" time, you need to be looking 300+ days in advance!

We have to go that last week in March... as that's the only time my wife's schedule allows her to take time off.

User Info Menu

Zeppman, the thing about that is Negril doesn't really have a spring break anymore, so when you are going actually starts the beginning of a slower season. I go in February out of Minneapolis, and I always wait to book around October, that's when I seem to grab the best price.

User Info Menu

jojo p, I know we are talking different airports and times here, but what do you normally pay? Also where do you normally stay? This will (well could) be our 3rd trip. Started out at couples swept away, and once there, quickly found out that we wanted to try the non-AI route. 2nd trip was nirvana which was fantastic. We'd like to go back there but their prices are also higher than most places.

User Info Menu

Well, I have 2 choices out of Minneapolis, Sun Country or Delta. I usually go with Delta, and I book when it 's around 600.00. It never gets much cheaper than that for non stop. You should be able to find a little cheaper out of OHare, again, I have found October to be a good time.
    I stay at the White Sands. ( right next to Nirvana.) I think it's bar far the best value on the beach. It's popular with a lot of boardies !!

User Info Menu

BTW, if you decide to give White Sands a try, you need to lock in a reservation as soon as you get your dates set. and even though you are not going at prime time, they are always busy. CALL DIRECT.
    Ask for Francis, or Terri ann , and they will set you up. ( 305- 503-9074 ). Hope all this helps. !

User Info Menu

Flights out of Chicago American airlines end of march under 500!!!!!, but only a couple left at that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppman View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking at flights from O'Hare to Montego Bay in late March 2018, and prices are absurd. In everyone's experience, have I missed the "window" for cheaper tickets? Or should prices go down? I realize March is a very popular time, but two years ago when we went I paid about $600 per ticket.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Irine; 08-28-2017 at 02:16 PM.

User Info Menu

As found on White Sands Website today: good price for flights and room in my books.

Details
    ORD - MBJ
    Departing Date
    Fri Mar 23, 2018
    Return Date
    Sat Mar 31, 2018
    Hotel Nights
    Overnight Flight Included (hotel stay was reduced by 1 night). See more options on the next page.
    2. Accommodations:
    Standard Room Gardenside or Beachside
    Website Rate
    3. Flight:
    Flight Included
    Total Including Taxes:
    Deposit
    1,489.80 US$
    Subtotal
    1,982.60 US$
    Room Tax
    84.00 US$
    Grand Total:
    2,066.60 US$

User Info Menu

zeppman - we were booked for the same time. Prices were insane! We have miles from Delta and even so...we would still have been paying more than normal AND using all our miles. I also work in a school, but fortunately, I'm allowed to take time off. We just moved our trip up two weeks. The prices are what we are used to. Remember that first weekend in April is Easter. I think that is impacting the prices as I've never seen them so high!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Zeppman, the thing about that is Negril doesn't really have a spring break anymore, so when you are going actually starts the beginning of a slower season. I go in February out of Minneapolis, and I always wait to book around October, that's when I seem to grab the best price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    zeppman - we were booked for the same time. Prices were insane! We have miles from Delta and even so...we would still have been paying more than normal AND using all our miles. I also work in a school, but fortunately, I'm allowed to take time off. We just moved our trip up two weeks. The prices are what we are used to. Remember that first weekend in April is Easter. I think that is impacting the prices as I've never seen them so high!
    Hey Jojo, I understand what you mean about 'Negril not having a spring break' and your logic about waiting a bit for better prices is usually sound but the truth is that Easter Week and Presidents day week are crazy expensive to fly because of school breaks (and have their own set of economic rules). I backed up a week in Feb to come down this year before Presidents week just because my flight went from $950 to $550 (which I booked last month and now that flight during presidents week is up to $1093 already today). With Easter being Apr 1st this year, waiting for cheaper prices for the last week of March, I think, would not make much sense and that Jenn made the right call by flying earlier in the month...

Last edited by ukran1ans; 08-29-2017 at 10:29 AM.