Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Point village

User Info Menu

Point village

Does any one know what's around point village?
    Food,drink,edibles
    Another question:can I bring groceries from Canada like can food,crackers,baking ingredients?
    Thank you
    Jim

User Info Menu

Re: Point village

[/url]

User Info Menu

Re: Point village

There is nothing at The Point Village as far as food, drink, and edibles. The best part of the Point Village is that it is far removed from any and all activities on the beach. No live concerts or loud music to listen to into the wee hours, and because it's out on the tip of Rutland Point there is no or very little road traffic noise. Not many places in Negril can say that. You can fall asleep to the sounds of the waves washing up and that it. Now having said that, the worst thing about The Point Village is that it is far removed from any and all activities on the beach. Grocery store is a 5 mile run into town and the closest restaurant would be The Boardwalk that would be about a 10 minute walk from PV. The Petcom gas station across the street did have some corner store items and booze but as of March the store was closed for renovations. They swore that it would be closed for no more than two weeks, but like I said, that was in March and not sure if they are open as of yet.

Being mobile is a must for anyone staying at The Point Village. A good reliable driver that will pick you up when ever and wherever is a good start. If you like to bike, there are lots of bike rental spots down the road. A scooter rental or vehicle rental is another option but not recommended if you are new to Negril or new to Jamaica. Bicycle, scooter, or driving a car in Jamaica is not for the faint of heart, recommended only for those that know what they are getting into and familiar with Jamaica and Jamaican driving habits.

Jimmy, I don't know if you have been to Jamaica before. If you haven't, what I would recommend is to hire a private driver that will pick you up at the airport. This rather than taking a bus to Negril. Have your driver take you to a few places around Montego Bay. Mega Mart is a Cosco style grocery store or there is Hi Lo and Progressive Foods are both American/ Canadian style grocery stores where you can get a couple or three days of groceries, meat, beer, booze and all the fix'ns. The drive to PV from there is a little less than an hour depending on a cold beer stop or two along that way. Drop the groceries and depending on the time of day have your driver give you a Negril hi lights tour and or drop you on the beach to start your day.

Been vacationing at The Point Village for 25 years now and liked it so much we bought a suite there a few years back so feel free to ask any questions you have.