Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time coming to Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

1st time coming to Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jamar Lee... I'm sure many of you have heard about me from a couple of friends of mine...
    in particular Clarity (Daisy). I was suppose to go with my friends back in April when they first went but had personal problems at the time... now after many months of getting back on track I'm finally making the long awaited trip to Negril! It's exciting for me being African American and going to a country where I feel I can relate to many of the people. I would consider myself a laid back person and would be open to most things... I'm currently single and would really appreciate some good advise on what would be the "MUST DO" while i'm there. I'm more interested in local activities... kind of "off the beaten path" type of adventure rather than the standard tourist-type of fun. I'll be arriving in Negril Wednesday November 2... yes in 2 days... Well, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully if some of you will be there at the same time i'm there, would really like to meet some of you!

User Info Menu

Hi Jamar! Welcome to the board.....you are going to have a blast! Enjoy your time, don't worry about making plans.....plans will find you, or not....it doesn't really matter much as either way you go you are going to have fun.
    I would say that with Daisy and Markus you will most likely already be heading to Seastar on Saturday for Luciano and also Wednesday for the One Love Bus bar crawl....those two events right there will be a good time for sure. Also the Jungle on Thursday, that will give you a nice mix of nightlife. You can always find parties on the beach and night...snorkeling and beach or cliff time during the day, and lots of great food to eat and drinks to drink. You are going to have a great time....can't wait to hear all about it

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

I would not even worry about having any plans just hang and have a good time, I am sure Clarity has more to do on the list than you will get to. Jungle thursday night is a must, and you may want to check out the Rooftop club in town.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

You're going to fit right in, my friend.

User Info Menu

Welcome Jamar - pleasure to meet you and your excitement is contagious. We all remember our first time and for many of us it was life changing. For me it is hard to put in words but in JA I feel so free and joyous. All the ideas mentioned are right on - I recommend you experience the culture thru food, music, nature and the warm wise wonderful resilient people of Jamaica.
    Once you go you'll know ...... and be booking your return trip right away I suspect.
    ONE LOVE and enjoy each and every moment.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Hi Jamar!!! Welcome to the board we've heard a little bit about you, and we're all so excited that there is a new newbie lol I was there for the first time in September and had an amazing time. I didn't spend my entire trip in Negril but I did miss it when I left on to new adventures. You'll LOVE it, it's beautiful and I'm sure Clarity has a TON of stuff no the to do list. I'm thoroughly jealous of all of you! I do hope you'll share with us your first experiences when you return!

User Info Menu

Welcome Jamar! Go with the flow, you have outstanding tour guides. Fun will find you, I promise. Bar Hop, Bar Hop, Bar Hop.

User Info Menu

Hi Jamar,
    I know you are so excited! You will be in Jamaica tomorrow. I'm sure Clarity has an itinerary set up for you guys and you probably won't have enough time to do everything on the list since sometimes you will
    just go with the flow. I haven't been there for over two years, but am planning to go back very soon.

What can I tell you on what you must do? Just take it all in and surrender to the beat and the pulse of the country, and relax. Tomorrow night before you go to bed just close your eyes and listen to the
    sounds of Jamaica and smell the smells.. I guarantee that you will begin to relax and become one with that beautiful island and it's people. Tap into the rhythm and pulse of the island, slow down.
    After that everything is cake..

I know you will have a great time, make new friends, and make memories that will last you a lifetime. You will definitely be wanting to go back after your time there with your friends. I hope you write a trip
    report as I'm sure it will be a great read for those that are waiting to go back.

User Info Menu

Hey there Stranger, Welcome to the club!

This website is an invaluable resource for anything you want to know about Negril.
    Everyone here is so incredibly helpful and wonderful. As you can already see by the outpouring of positive responses!

So glad you made an account, you'll love Negril.com as much as I do and I'm sure you'll be visiting this site A LOT after our trip.

And everyone is right, I already have a full itinerary set up for the first four days but chances are we'll end up just going with the flow. There's just no way to do all of it.

FYI: Jamar, Our flight leaves in exactly 24 hours! I really hope you're packing right now!! - Markus and I have our suitcases lined up next to the front door! so excited!! We'll see you tomorrow night at 7!

Only 1 more sleep!!!! Can you believe it?!?!
    Last edited by Clarity; 11-01-2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

3 more sleeps for me! Then we'll probably be having a drink by the new 35ft cedar bar at Seastar when you 3 guys stroll into the property on Saturday. Our trio is looking forward to meeting your trio. I'd suggest doing Mayfield Falls if you can, it gets you out into the country and you get a little exercise at the same time.