Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a post from long ago

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for a post from long ago

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    NegrilIrene,

Piggymon posted quite a few stories on this thread (has about 23 pages total) ranging from all different topics and contributions from many others that had the good fortune of visiting Negril 40 (or more) years ago. If you click on rjonsun's link you can follow the entire thread and read the many great posts from Piggymon and others. Hope this helps.

Attachment 49543Attachment 49544
    Is that Brimsley? He used to Bartend at the Villas in Red Ground? does anyone know his where abouts?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Is that Brimsley? He used to Bartend at the Villas in Red Ground? does anyone know his where abouts?
    That's the famous Brimsley!

User Info Menu

Gman as Bnewb says that is Brimsley. After the Villas I'm not sure where he went, perhaps others know. Great guy!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Brimsley was the main bartender at Roots Bamboo for years in the 90's-00's, and the last place I saw him working was at Canoe for their anniversary party!

Brimsley is the man!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

great memories . first trip 1974. i stayed a few houses as you were facing grandma porteds to the right red ground and were called old pal cottages. ms pernell, uncle dan , dalton and family,. we still see patrick ms. pernells son. i long for those days

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    great memories . first trip 1974. i stayed a few houses as you were facing grandma porteds to the right red ground and were called old pal cottages. ms pernell, uncle dan , dalton and family,. we still see patrick ms. pernells son. i long for those days
    I, too, stayed in Red Ground at Miss Pernells. The days of no electricity, outdoor showers and bathrooms. Meals with the family. Such great memories. I was there in January of 1974 for 6 weeks. We returned for a few years and knew the family well. I think the price was 5$/night. I walked up that way last reach, the road is different. I wish I would have seen Patrick, Dalton was 16 when we first visited. We ended up at Miss Pernells because Grandmas didn't have any rooms left. We always had the room by the porch. What a great flashback! I'm going to dig for pictures.
    Remember walking the beach and not seeing anyone?! No buildings, just a beautiful, pristine beach. Those were the days!