Hey Guys!
My name is Oddessey, I'm new to the forum, nice to meet you
I visited Negril in 2015 for my 25th birthday & I fell in love with the island instantly. My great grandparents were from Jamaica but I never met them so I've always claimed my parents home country of Panama. As I got older I realized how much of the Jamaican culture was instilled in my grandparents & parents upbringing, & I've always have been drawn to the country even before my first visit. I love the the music/people/food and the vibezzz. (Panamanian culture shares a lot of similarities with Jamaican culture.)
I go back every chance I get, I've visited Jamaica 4 times this year alone & I'm planning to go back for Xmas. I've made a handful of friends on 7 mile beach and I've decided I want to make the move to Jamaica. I know visiting and living there are 2 different things but I know in m heart of hearts that if I don't make this move I will live the rest of my life wondering what if. Not 100% sure if i would move to Negril however I am open to looking into other areas to move to.
Can anyone suggest some nice areas to look into? Are there any websites for apt/home searches ?
Also, I'm curious to know what jobs/businesses do some of you hold that allow you to live in Jamaica?
Another friend and I are considering starting a hair extension business however we're not sure how well it would do out there..
I know there aren't many jobs out there & they don't pay well. I work in TV as a producer & I've considered finding a remote job that will allow me to work from wherever but still make a US salary however most of the positions are IT and Project Management related which I have no experience in
What TV networks/stations does the Island have? Whenever I search the webpages of the few networks that I know of I never see a section for job openings.