Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Negril

User Info Menu

My husband packs a fishing supply kit which includes a collapisble rod (UgliStick) & reel ~ 12 lb line ~ slip bobbers ~~ gets his bait (frozen shrimp) at the L&M & he's good to go on the cliffs....

User Info Menu

I am getting one of those kits. This is going to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

What are you going to do when you catch a lionfish? Or a moray eel? I have been wondering that myself...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gluecipher View Post
    What are you going to do when you catch a lionfish? Or a moray eel? I have been wondering that myself...
    Clean the Lionfish or get someone who can........Cook the fish....eat the fish.

Cut the Moray loose....
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Read these & now I may sneak my backpack fishing kit into the "bring back" suitcase - the one that will start out empty cept for big liquids we cant carry on there (sunscreen/aloe) or back (Appleton, etc). Just learned that the couple we were thinkin bout gettin a charter with went and booked througn the AIO they are getting married at, at like $200 a head. Not sure we could (or would want to) join them at that price, but if the boat isn't full maybe we could deal direct with the charter just to tick 'em off when they learn the "right" price. Was thinkin on the more authentic deal with Duke - wonder if he would mind taking the Winterfresh up the river, or a reel not made out of a 2-liter?

User Info Menu

Brasi
    My personal experience was awesome fun. The boys at the craft Market at the bridge if you walk down the steps by bridge and walk straight back you will see big stands and fisherman bringing in monster size fish. They will take you fishing and clean it and cook it or you can buy meals of the fish and pick out your fish from what they bring in. This is a big area just beyond craft stalls basically right under bridge with large numbers of fishers cleaners etc.. there no need for worry less you flashing gold, diamonds and $100 wads just like anywhere else. Famous Vincent would be a great link up as well his number is listed on boards. Many fishing charters along main beach also they bring poles bait etc...
    I often time see people fishing from shore and cliffs but have never seen a tourist catch anything from shore.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the great info! See you there ShellyK!

User Info Menu

for some true sport fishing........go out with Capt Stanley and catch some big ones........

hopefully I will be next reach..........did last reach

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

i will be bringing my rod and reel with a assortment of crankbaits, and tube jigs, hooks, sinkers , we will be at ROOMS feb 3rd -19, soon come

User Info Menu

I've never tried the river;that could be cool. But, the off shore fishing is not very good (I'm being kind), Closer in, i have snorkled the reefs a lot and nothing I've seen there would be attractive to me (99.9% small fish). If you want to have offshore sportfishing for your trip, there are some really good spots in the Caribbean; but Jamaica ain't one of them! Respect
    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;128/st/20140626/e//k/ae6e/event.png