Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Wi-Fi at Seastar Inn

User Info Menu

Wi-Fi at Seastar Inn

How is the Wi-Fi at Seastar? And does it work in the rooms?

User Info Menu

Re: Wi-Fi at Seastar Inn

Quote Originally Posted by chi-town View Post
    How is the Wi-Fi at Seastar? And does it work in the rooms?
    I had no issues a couple of weeks ago when I stayed there. I was in one of the new rooms and had a signal in the room.
    Last edited by booger; 10-15-2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

If you're trying to do anything data-intensive (like streaming a sporting event) the wifi is terrible. Doesn't matter if you're in a room, the lobby, at the bar, it's a basic connection at best.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
    If you're trying to do anything data-intensive (like streaming a sporting event) the wifi is terrible. Doesn't matter if you're in a room, the lobby, at the bar, it's a basic connection at best.
    Which is pretty much the story at just about all the resorts and hotels, to be fair. It can be patchy. Some days are good, some are not so good. I had days at my hotel when it was blisteringly fast, and other days I had to go the front desk - or the back of the restaurant. That said, it has greatly improved over the past 5 years, everywhere. If you're just checking email, FB, finding what's on, checking this site - you should be good. But, as HarryS says, anything data-intensive - may not be really good. Just roll with it. It's all good.

User Info Menu

I was told by Seastar just last week that they now provide Hi speed fiber direct

The CHICKSTER

tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/7;10731;405/st/20140421/e/Negril/k/19ca/event.png[/img]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chickster View Post
    I was told by Seastar just last week that they now provide Hi speed fiber direct
    Good to know, maybe now I'll be able to stream hockey games on my tablet while sitting in the pool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chickster View Post
    Makes sense as I had no issue my couple days on property.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply's.