Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killing time with 8 year old near MBJ

User Info Menu

Re: Killing time with 8 year old near MBJ

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Ok, this is funny, I just reread your post, and I though I was talking to Mrs. Solo Traveler, not Mr. My advice still stands, that's an awfully long wait.....or....If your wife is comfortable with jumping on the Juta bus with her sister, why not you just go on ahead with your son, check into your hotel, and have it all ready for them when they arrive ? Just another option.
    Actually, I agree with Jojo on this. My 2, 20-something daughters and 3 year old grandson came down last Dec a few days after me and were fine taking a Pre-reserved Jamaica Tours shuttle. I don't see why your wife and sister-in-law wouldn't be fine doing the same.

Last edited by ukran1ans; 10-17-2017 at 12:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Hmm. I guess I hadn't considered that there would be a long wait on a Monday. Probably make sense to get separate shuttles to Negril and/or Club Mobay for them. I'd lean toward separate shuttles so we can get to da beach! We're flying out of Boston at 5 a.m., so don't want a silly-long day with the boy. thanks for the input

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Actually, I agree with Jojo on this. My 2, 20-something daughters and 3 year old grandson came down last Dec a few days after me and were fine taking a Pre-reserved Jamaica Tours shuttle. I don't see why your wife and sister-in-law wouldn't be fine doing the same.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Just trying to save $ for Rum Punch and Red Stripes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Just trying to save $ for Rum Punch and Red Stripes.
    Well I know Jamaicatoursltd.com is $45 round trip per person, so the dent in your rum and stripes shouldn't be too bad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    Seriously? How much could an 8 year old drink? 😃

User Info Menu

What about going to Margaritaville in Mobay? You could hang for a while, eat lunch and have a few drinks. You son will be able to swim, use the slides and water trampoline. I would imagine that would be an easy way to kill at least 3 hours. That way you could also save by all sharing the same ride to Negril.