Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on cliffs accomodations

User Info Menu

Re: Thoughts on cliffs accomodations

We have split our time between beach and cliffs the last few years… We really feel it's the way to go as you get the best of both worlds. But due to my recent surgery which was a full knee replacement, we are sticking to the beach this year. Jumping off A cliff just might not be a good idea… Not yet!
    We will still visit the Eating establishments on the cliffs because they are wonderful!
    We have stayed at Samsara twice. The first time, we actually booked the garden cottages but upgraded once we got there. They don't have air conditioning, or they didn't. But what concerned me was constantly crossing that busy road to get to the pool and ocean.
    Samsara has a great location though, and I like the free shuttle over to Legins if you feel like having a beach day. I also love Ciao pizza across the road.
    As you said – it's all Jamaica so it's all good!
    Have fun – it will be here before you know it!
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

Thanks Georgia,
    According to our friends who stayed last year they do have a/c and apparently the rooms are bigger garden side.
    I'd have preferred seaside for the view but it was considerably more $ and besides we'll have 9 of 14 days on the beach . I think I'll be ok in the garden.....
    Walked the road a lot last time, not too concerned and long as I remember to pay attention!!

User Info Menu

Sorry, one more ?.
    Shuttle to legends still incl. if you're not AI?
    I didn't think it was.

User Info Menu

Yes...shuttle is for all guests.

User Info Menu

Thanks BB

User Info Menu

lookie out for Sam Sara as they will nickel and dime you...they charge extra for everything

SeaStar Inn......Blue Cave Cave Castle if dem open....Home Sweet Home....Xtabi....all great choices
    the snorkeling off of the Castle and Home Sweet Home is the best......better than Sam Sara

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Got a good price on samsara. All in for 5 nts 435.
    Would like a fridge and safe and expect to pay extra. Not a worry.
    Outside of that we're pretty self sufficient.
    Can't nickel and dime for stuff we don't ask for.
    Thanks for all the inputs all....24 days!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeboy1 View Post
    Thanks all,
    Leaning towards samsara garden side.
    Having been to bcc we toured samsara and know it's location and distance for walking to town.
    Coral seas and westender look great but too far out. Don't want to cab everywhere.
    Catcha is booked up.
    Anyway samsara is a lil more $ but will be a good choice. Your in Jamaica so there all good choices just some gooder!
    Thanks again all.
    Closing in on 3 weeks...!!
    We stayed at Samsara in July in the Garden room, we got the biggest one, can't recall the name. Only disapointment with the room was they could not produce a coffee maker as promised. I would recommend Samsara for the vibe and excellent staff. Their weird policies on A/I drinks were a turnoff though. They had some other weird policies as well as they remove the blanket from your bed at night?? Said it was a $300 blanket imported from France and if we stained we had to pay for it?? Other than those issues it was a blast, the food was excellent!

User Info Menu

The safe will cost you $3 or $4 a night, I forget which. The drinks even with the A/I will cost you unless you drink just beer or select from their specific menu. That was deal breaker for us on the A/I package.

User Info Menu

Also check booking carefully. We booked on Expedia and paid $470 for 4 nights package which Expedia had on their website was good for two people. When we checkin Samsara said it was only booked for on person and made us pay $370 extra for the additional person. We showed them the booking and they still wouldnt budge. Expedia even called them and talked to them and said it was clearly just an error on their end with them having us down for only one person, they even gave them their pricing history which showed the pricing was correct. NO dice. Expedia ended up crediting us back the money we had to pay Samsara. I thought that was really poor business, but thats the breaks.