Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: meet the people program: tell me your story

User Info Menu

I never worked with any program but I've met lots of people

User Info Menu

Good luck getting ahold of the co-ordinators. Last time we tried they never got back to us, not even after repeated Emails and phone calls. That was a couple of years ago though...We finally gave up; you may be better off creating your own "Meet the People" by maybe hooking up with a Boardie on here that you can trust- who can set you up to meet a local family. And, it's not hard to meet people on your own, BUT you have to be very, very careful who you trust. Not everyone who would want to be your "friend" is genuine. Let us know how you do- sure would love to hear a report from someone who has actually done the program. Have been on this board since 1998 and have NEVER seen a report from someone who did this. Maybe I just missed it...IRIE! *IG
    β€œIt is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha

User Info Menu

THNX for your replies. i also couldnt get this going, tho to be fair i didnt give it a ton of time as the attempt was made around the holidays. glad i wasn't the only one who didnt get anywhere with this lol. really wanted to do this. will try again next time.

User Info Menu

To the best of my knowledge the program has been hit or miss with many misses. I would suggest Meet the Kids. A visit to a school can be easily arranged with a cab driver. You will see many shy faces with bright smiles.
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

I noticed that Negril One Stop has a form you can fill out on their website, maybe you will get a response through them. http://www.negrilonestop.com/meetthepeople.shtml