Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jamaican MRI Question

User Info Menu

Jamaican MRI Question

So... I have an Achilles problem and now possible an ACL injury to the other leg, both of which occurred in Canada. Thank you to all who recommended Oya for massage treatment, I hope to link up with her soon. Just got notified that my "urgent" MRI for the ACL injury can be done in Canada but not until March 2018, some 3 1/2 Months away, even though I am in excruciating pain. Canadian heath care might be the envy of the world and is absolutely fantastic, until you actually need some treatment, then it sucks. Pain didn't keep me from coming to Negril though.

So just wondering, has anybody had a MRI or CT scan done here in Jamaica and any recommendation on where to go. A few phone calls found a number of places in the states that will do an MRI for between $300-$400USD but why not have it done here. An internet search shows a few private heath care places in MoBay that will do private imaging but just want to hear from anybody else that has had this done.

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaican MRI Question

If you can get it done for 400 that is a great price. I did one last year for a thousand here in the USA. My friend had a MRI done in Ochi for 700.00 about a year ago.

User Info Menu

Wow. I had one done a few years back that cost me $8k.

User Info Menu

Thanks to all that posted but here's a juicy little tid bit I'd like to pass along. Phoned a couple of clinic's in Kingston this morning and one suggested a "sister" clinic in MoBay called North Coast Imaging. I called them and they weren't to sure about the referral I had, so, with nothing better to do in my retirement years, I drove to MoBay this afternoon to show them the referral in person. Not only did they take the referral from my Canadian Doctor but they had a cancellation and did the MRI within an hour of walking in. The office is in a new state of the art urgent care medical building not to far from Progressive groceries. The MRI was also state of the art and the staff were a joy to deal with. The charge...$37,000J (just a little over $370 Canadian dollars). Beats waiting in pain for 4 months any-day.

User Info Menu

Told my brother to come here for his MRI...his appt was canceled the other day due to both machines not working in his town. Still waiting for new appt and he's technically a priority...grrr Canada.