Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nirvana or Treehouse?

User Info Menu

Nirvana or Treehouse?

Hey all,

I’m usually more of a lurker than a poster, but I sure could use some help!

We are going to Negril again next May and need some opinions.

Last year we stayed at Nirvana in the Sundeck I room above the owners suite. While we LOVED the staff and beach at Nirvana, we weren’t blown away by the size of the kitchen in that suite, plus the room itself was very dark. And we really did not use the actual sundeck/balcony space at all.

We toured the Garden Studio (upper) during our stay and thought it would be a great option for us on any return trip.

But...While doing some recent research, I saw that Treehouse has a suite on AirB&B which is much much less $, we’re talking like $500 less than the Garden Studio price at Nirvana.

So that is the dilemma... Do we go with what we know (Nirvana’s beach-lovelovelove) or take a chance on the Treehouse suite and use the savings for a few really nice WestEnd dinners?

P.S. we like talking to fellow guests, and thought Treehouse might be better for that, but how bad is the shade situation at Treehouse? Gotta have some shade!

Any thoughts and opinions are welcome!

D

User Info Menu

Re: Nirvana or Treehouse?

Apologize ahead of time, as it doesn't directly answer your question, but if I may throw in a suggestion. As I'm sure you know, White Sands is right next to Nirvana. A big secret that they have that not many people realize, is they have a beautiful apartment available. Close to the beach, they are equipped with a really nice large kitchen, living room area, spacious bedroom, terrace area, free wi fi, and cable TV. My friends stayed there last time and loved it. The beach has plenty of shade options, and as you also know, it has a great social bar.
    Just wanted to throw it in as an option. You can visit there website, click on accomidations, and see pics.....Good Luck !!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestion Jojo.

We had considered White Sands, but the one bedroom apt comes in at over $1200 for the week, so not really saving much there compared to the Garden Studio at Nirvana.

Does this Treehouse deal sound too good to be true?

D

User Info Menu

I cannot answer that as I have never stayed there. I NEED to always stay on the sweet part of the beach, around Coco, White Sands, Idle Awhile, Nirvana !

User Info Menu

May I spoke a bit slower season. We've been to Nirvana during the slow season, and as much as we LOVE Nirvana, our last stay we went with Idle Awhile. We did this based on the isolated feel we had while at Nirvana. Don't get me wrong, The Nivana beach can't be beat, but if you're looking to socialize......
    A big issue we had with Treehouse was the close proximity to Margaritaville, and the noise from there.

User Info Menu

rd9.....hey, whaagwaaan? ok...cool,,,We've stayed at Treehouse 5 or 6 times. Love the staff, the environment...the beautiful manicured grounds {bigg ups to David}. Food is good. wait a second! The breakfast {which is included in your stay} is really good. Made to order omellettes, french toast, waffles, franks & beans, brown-stewed chcken, ham, bacon, steamed callaloo {THE BEST IN NEGRIL!} acckee/saltfish, pastries, beverages etc. Beach area is plenty area for guests. Never heard the "loud" from Margarittaville. Yeah, it's a little bit from the "sweet spot" towards CCLP, but hey, it's worth the walk, and beyond. There's a managers party..whoop whoop. SUP. too. Stand up paddle board. Ask the instructor about John Deere farm equipment. So, anyhoo, there's a likkle bit about Treehouse. Never stayed at Nirvana ....good luck, respect, one love , irie

User Info Menu

That suite at Treehouse is our beach home in Negril. I’ve heard only good about Nirvana but I highly recommend Treehouse!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

JohnNYC, Idle Awhile does look amazing. I’m sure you enjoyed it. We have previously stayed at Swept Away and I think Issa family owns both? Similar styling and vibe. It is definitely out of our range of what we want to spend for this trip though. Some future trip maybe...

Your endorsements of Treehouse are so helpful rocknrollfarmer and Ras Walleye! Breakfast sounds delish...and love the idea of an on-site restaurant even if we only eat breakfast there.

Can anyone comment on the shade situation at Treehouse? Is it lacking or did you find it adequate?

User Info Menu

We stayed at Treehouse this past August, the property is beautiful, the breakfast is amazing, can I say Amazing?! and its included! most of the staff were friendly, or rather when they knew you were friendly, they responded in kind. We had a fantastic time and would stay there again, just waiting for the Groupon

User Info Menu

The big advantage of Nirvana over Treehouse is the beach, but in May, I doubt Treehouse will be crowded and you should have no problem finding a good spot. If your budget ever allows, the Owner's Villa at Nirvana is the bomb.