Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: We got moved up a night earlier! (a good American Airlines experience & other shocks)

User Info Menu

We got moved up a night earlier! (a good American Airlines experience & other shocks)

So the of 4 of us who head to Negril each Feb had a particularly complex set of reservations for Feb 19 (a Monday). We were to depart Boston at 530 a.m., with me and the boy going to Charlotte, arriving in MBJ at 11 a.m. while the wife and sis in law went to LGA then Charlotte then MBJ at 3 .m.. We did this due to using a combination of various airline points that didn't add up to enough to travel on the weekend or together.

So yesterday American Airlines emailed me and said the plans for me and the boy have been changed. We are now departing BOS at 6 p.m. on Sunday (a night earlier), but still arriving at MBJ at 11 a.m. on Monday. AKA they added a layover in CLT!!!

Nearly resigned to my fate as another piece of roadkill left behind Giant American Carrier (GAC), I dialed GAC on my speakerphone at work. I was prepared to wait on hold all day, if I had to.

Shockingly, a nice woman answered on the first ring once past the auto attendant. Told her my story and she moved not just me and the boy but all 4 of us (wife and sis in law's flight was still Monday morning out of Boston) to a noon departure on Sunday, arriving in MBJ at 8 (via CLT).

Woo hoo. We are getting there a day earlier and travelling together (this is good, we like each other). The lesson? If they ever move your flights around, even slightly, call and tell them the change messes you up and you would like a better option.

Obviously it can't always work, but you might just get lucky!?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: We got moved up a night earlier! (a good American Airlines experience & other sho

Woohoo! What great news!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: We got moved up a night earlier! (a good American Airlines experience & other sho

Awesome! Happy for you!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Good to hear a positive story about the airlines. I've had mixed results with all the major carriers, mostly negative though. I honestly never feel good about my trip until I'm in the air, on the 2nd plane (there's no direct flights from Buffalo) heading down. Til that point, I'm waiting for something to go wrong....

Last edited by ukran1ans; 11-09-2017 at 09:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    So the of 4 of us who head to Negril each Feb
    Sounds like you ought to change that screen name to QuadTraveller.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    Sounds like you ought to change that screen name to QuadTraveller.
    I keep picking up more travelers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    I keep picking up more travelers.
    That's easy to do going to Negril (my oldest daughter is hooked now)...