I haven't posted for a long time. I've asked for prayers before and you guys were awesome.

I'm asking again for my dad. He has Alzheimer's dementia and went into skilled nursing yesterday for rehab. He is 88 years old, in stage 6 Alzheimer's. Over the last few years he developed parkinsonian symptoms in his legs, shuffling, freezing in place. He uses a walker all the time and depends on it. He has fallen before over the last year and has recouperated from them. He fell twice last week and was having trouble walking after and getting off of the couch. Monday he couldn't move at all and I called an ambulance to take him to the ER for x-rays. Nothing is broken, they did labs and urine which were negative, chest scan negative. He was calm the whole time he was in ER. He failed the mobility test walking with a walker and I decided to have him brought home by ambulance because there was no way he would be able to get from the car to the house. As soon as the paramedics got him out of the ambulance and onto the street, he became extremely aggitated, grabbing at the paramedics and the tree limbs on the way into the house and in the house he got worse, breathing hard and fast, they couldn't leave him in that state. They called 911 and had another ambulance take him back to ER where he returned to being calm. Since he failed mobility test he had to go to Skilled Nursing for rehab. Again, he became extremely aggitated and combative in the ambulance to the rehab place and was like that all day yesterday, very anxious and afraid, kept touching the wall like he wasn't sure if the place was real. Today, he was a lot calmer and they did some OT and PT which he did pretty good and he fed himself. My goal is to get him strong enough to bring home where he will have a lot of care. He just needs to get through the next few weeks. He has never acted like this before, he is the calmest, gentle person you'd ever meet, never gets mad. I need my dad to get strong and come home, where he is familiar with everything, he has lived there since 1972. Thank you all for your help.