Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N00B on the message boards, asking for some help!

User Info Menu

Re: N00B on the message boards, asking for some help!

I private messaged you

User Info Menu

Reread ,no one said anything about a better time at AI opposed to non.
    Just offering an alternative between the two. Yeesh read first then comment.

User Info Menu

I get it, but know way op needs to go Ai, just saying

User Info Menu

Thanks for your input guys ! I will be trying to narrow it down pretty quickly to a couple of choices and just go with it and book.
    I also appreciate the messages telling me to just get on with it and go... hopefully in a couple of trips I'll be able to actually get all around the island, but for this trip I just need to hit the beach , a bit of the mountains and mingle with the locals and other tourists alike.

User Info Menu

Your going to have a great time in Jan,plenty of parties .

You'll need somewhere secure to stay and your good to go

I also landed in Jamaica on my own roughly ten years ago at the age you are now , I didn't book a hotel but got a rental Toyota from the airport and headed to negril .

Once I reached negril at 7pm all those years ago I found a place to stay for the night left my belongings in the boot of the car and knocked out .

I then made sure I'd find somewhere secure to stay where no one can get in even if they tried and found a spot up the west end.

Made some great friends and never looked back

Now ten years later I have my own place and live here through the English winters and go back to the UK at English summer time .

just saying as I'm also shy ,reserved and not good at approaching people,prefer my own company ,doing my own things.

If it can work for me it'll defo work for you

Have a great time and if you in anyway get stuck or have a question about anything don't feel no way pal as I was in the exact situation

Ps avoid AI there like a jail for single people so I been told by many
    Good for couples /families but no good for singles

Cheers

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_1607.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  9.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1610.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  8.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1608.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  9.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_1612.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  6.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1613.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  6.2 KB
    Just a couple photos from my first trip ��

User Info Menu

I honestly didn't have a problem at my AI, I took a spot in the back corner to smoke and made friends with a couple guys that went up and down the beach, and also a couple of workers at one of the restaurants when they were done their shift we would smoke and relax and just talk about life, also left the resort illegally and legally (white plate the first time and red plate the second, got very lucky because we were in a road block in negril but the second day with the red plate)
    I want a change up because I was in bloody bay and don't really want to take a car ride every time and much rather just walk everywhere...
    Is there any places that have bonfire parties on the beach at night with some music (live or not just love the vibe of a nightly fire and a little drink)

And thanks Mick, one day I honestly wish I could do the same to escape my Canadian winters
    Last edited by JAHtonyMTL; 11-12-2017 at 06:11 AM.

User Info Menu

Bourbon beach has or had bonfire nightly parties with live music / sound system djs playing .
    Daily
    It's exactly my kind of thing JahTony . Grab a drink hold a smoke and just chill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squarestatejeff View Post
    I agree that 603 makes a lot of good points. One point of correction, though, is that airport transfers are NOT included in the price you pay.

That said, we usually stay at a non-AI most of our visits, but we still will book a few nights at the GP every few years, too.
    Thank you! You're right, I was incorrect that transfers are not included. They have cost me $35 round trip the two times I booked at GP. Not sure about the current rate. It's so seamless having access to the Sandals Arrival Lounge at MBJ that I forget it's not really included!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeboy1 View Post
    603 makes many good points with respect to Grand PA. and its location.
    The price is such you wont feel obligated to stay and use your inclusions if at any time you wanna venture out.
    But at anytime you feel like sticking around or want to start the day with the included breakfast or end it hanging around enjoying the included bar service its available to you.
    Like she said a good springboard with best of both worlds.
    thanks weeboy!

@jojo, just a suggestion based on my experience. Alfred's is quite a jump from Riu... could be a bit of a shock, although completely manageable, very different than a large AI.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion