Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Club Mobay Question

User Info Menu

Club Mobay Question

We are arriving last Saturday in Jan.........Plane lands at 4:00 pm........Is the terminal quieted down by then or will Club MoBay still be recommended ??????.......I know its hit or miss, but we have never landed that late and thought I would get others opinions..........Thanks in Advance

Ken

User Info Menu

Re: Club Mobay Question

Hey whizz, others may chime in but we never get CMB on arrival.
    It's never been a time issue for us . Usually thru pretty quick , wait for our bag and our driver is waiting for us.
    Off we go.
    Departures a another story. We always grab a bite and beverage anyway, so right there your pretty much at the $60 for CMB and all is included and ur in a quiet lounge and taken care of.

User Info Menu

Used Club MoBay last Saturday on my arrival. There were about 50-60 in line for customs and through Club MoBay we breezed right through. Saved a little time this trip but not much, maybe 20 minutes or so. The problem is, airport congestion is hit and miss. Not only hit and miss buy can change in a heart beat. All it takes is for a big jet like a B-777 from England to land just before your plane and bang, 300 people in line before you. We have landed and had a line up all the way up the ramp, passed the people mover sidewalk (that hasn't work since being installed), and down the escalator (that hasn't worked for the last 3-4 years). That day was 1:45 from touch down to the Groovy Grouper.

I enjoyed meeting the Club MoBay rep and hearing about where she lived and that. It also was nice to sit in the lounge and stretch out after the airplane ride. Icy cold draft Red Stripe and finger food was OK, not great but better than airline food.

So, was it worth it...I thinks so. I know so if that big 777 lands in front of our plane.

User Info Menu

You can look at flight stats website a couple of days before you arrive to see when and how many planes are arriving all day...if you have a dozen planes arriving in an hour window...you may want to spend the money on Club Mobay arrival

User Info Menu

Thanks to all for the Advice !!!!!

User Info Menu

We arrived last Sat at 1:35. We used CMB. The line was to the moving walkway. We moved right past it. The lounge itself was packed. We only go in to change clothes and fill up our drink cups. Glad to see this offered. It provides jobs .