Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Airfares For February Travel?

User Info Menu

Midwest Airfares For February Travel?

Whats up with the high cost of airfare these days? Days gone by (last year) would allow us to fly out of St. Louis for $250.00 pp on USA 3000 nonstop. Now we can't touch touch $500.00 with one stop. Headin to Negril early Feb. 2012. Best choices for us is out of either Chicago or St. Louis. Whats the word on the street, will airfare go down between now and then or should we bite the big one and book now? Peace out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

I'm finding the same thing. We always fly out of Chicago and this time around there is a price increase of at least $150 pp.
    I read somewhere that the airlines don't discount their tickets until 60 days before departure. I'll just keep looking and eventually we have to bite the bullet. Good luck!
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

patience is a virtue

User Info Menu

AA is at $578 from ORD. They are the only airline offering a nonstop flight and I might have to cough up the money. But I am patient and will wait a bit longer.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

we booked today for $450.00 including taxes out of MPLS with one stop, booked on Orbitz

User Info Menu

as little as two weeks ago i was finding flights for $425pp from chicago and just a bit more from stl.. now $528 is as cheap as i can find.. i am waiting till after the first of the year regardless to purchase so i guess i will see.. wouldnt it be nice for funjet to offer $199pp +fees for a last minute purchase, but i am not holding my breathe.. but as said before - last year they did..

User Info Menu

FWIW priced AirTran Flint Michigan to MoBay round trip $482 which includes taxes/fees.

Up $10 from when I looked last week.

KJ

User Info Menu

I do not know if this will help you ,but Frontier Air has saturday - saturday non stops out of STL next year. i see them via Apple Vacations site

User Info Menu

I fly usair3000 from st.louis. Last year they did not fly during slow season, but started up again for the season. Around winter time I believe.3 years ago, I was doing 189 round trip.Those days are gone. I think I got a 400 dollar non stop into Montego Bay last March. I would hold out and wait to see if the flights start up again for usair 3000. Just my 2 cents.

User Info Menu

I hear ya....and I hope your right Shooter..I'm ready to book, but just can't push that button with the flight prices..I do hope USA3000 starts posting flights to MBJ soon