Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Has anyone seen this before...

User Info Menu

Has anyone seen this before...

My wife gets this rash on the top of her feet and the back of her hands. Not sure if it's an allergy to something or what. Has anybody seen this and if so what's a fix ?
    Name:  Jamaica 07 (34).jpg
Views: 913
Size:  78.3 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Has anyone seen this before...

Hey Candyman I have very tender skin so always use a heavy SPF on the tops of my feet . Looks like sun Poisoning
    Farmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    My wife gets this rash on the top of her feet and the back of her hands. Not sure if it's an allergy to something or what. Has anybody seen this and if so what's a fix ?
    Name:  Jamaica 07 (34).jpg
Views: 913
Size:  78.3 KB
    OMG, that looks like my forearms did after our trip in May this year....

Itched like CRAZY and didn’t go away for 3-4 weeks after we got home.

I tried everything from Benadryl to neosporin to aloe with no relief.

I am curious to know what the best remedies are so I can prevent it next year.

I hope your wife feels better and has a faster recovery from it than I did.

User Info Menu

I am not a doctor and I have rarely stayed at a Holiday Inn Express so take these statements with a grain of salt.

My buddy's girlfriend came home from a winter trip to the BVI with something that looked just like that on her forearms and shoulders. It was more bumpy than simple burn. She was freaking that it may be some parasite or horrible bacteria thing. Doc back home told her it was a polymorphous light eruption. Some type of an overreaction to a sunburn. She is a fair skinned redhead who turns pink in about 15 minutes at the pool.

I hope your wife can get some relief.

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody

User Info Menu

My wife has suffered from sun poisoning for many years. It looks just like that with red bumps on her lower legs, feet, forearms and chest. She now applies heavier sun screen starting as much as an hour before exposure and reapplying frequently throughout the day. This has helped keep it in check which is a great thing. It was a horrible feeling when you find your wife is allergic to your favorite place on earth!!

User Info Menu

Did she use any lotion after getting sun?

Occasionally I get that on my triceps after a few days in the sun, but only in Negril or anyplace tropical. I'm not olive, but not fair skinned either. I figured out that it was the cocoa butter that I used to use a lot. It only showed up on my tris, I'm guessing because the skin is more sensitive there, similar to the tops of feet.

User Info Menu

I used to get something that looked like that and figured out it was from PABA in sunscreen

User Info Menu

Sure she didn't step in a fireant nest? Looks like a contact dermatitis. The erythema & blister type appearance resembles fire ant bites.