Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: big rain in Montego Bay

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: big rain in Montego Bay

Definitely a sensational video. I saw the original. This sensationalized version repeats the same segments over and over.

But clean up in the effected area are being helped by the road closures as mentioned.

Visitors heading from or to the airport do not go on the roads where the repeated video was shot. All the water in those video clips has long since drained.

Not sure what the point of this sensationalized video is since visitors don't use the roads...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicalance/jamaicamary View Post
    Utube said it all Rob woosh. When we arrive Tues we will take the high roaid.
    Cheers
    The open "hip strip" low road was the fastest way to and from the airport today.

But the high road is also an option as usual.

YouTube shows what happened during the rain. We went to and from the airport today.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob for easing our mind.
    Taxi picking us up in 45, soon come!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Definitely a sensational video. I saw the original. This sensationalized version repeats the same segments over and over.

But clean up in the effected area are being helped by the road closures as mentioned.

Visitors heading from or to the airport do not go on the roads where the repeated video was shot. All the water in those video clips has long since drained.

Not sure what the point of this sensationalized video is since visitors don't use the roads...
    Visitors do go to the Riu resorts, don't they? That area flooded, that was the point of my posting the video.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Visitors do go to the Riu resorts, don't they? That area flooded, that was the point of my posting the video.
    Your original post didn't mention the Riu, in fact, it mentioned nothing at all. Posting a sensationalized repeating video not of the place that you now mention cannot help anyone in the slightest.

And friends who came in from Kingston yesterday via the North Coast made no mention at all of seeing anything out of the ordinary on the road at Ironshore where the Riu is located. We asked...

Questions about getting to and from the airport have been answered factually.